Gas Blowback pistol Magazine isn't filling?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by BwKoolG3y, Dec 26, 2013.

1. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

I just got a WE desert warrior GBB pistol (WE028) and some king arms soft air green gas for it. I went to shoot it today, and when I went to fill up the magazine with gas, nothing happened. No hissing, or smoke or anything. I was holding te magazine upside down and same with can. I was also not putting any pressure on the release valve. I live in New England so it's rather cold, so I was thinking that maybe the gas just expanded too much and couldn't fit through the nozzle. So I came inside and tried it again, still nothing. I wAited for it to warm up some and did it again, still nothing. I'm not sure if it's my mag, or if it's the can/nozzle. Any help would be appreciated!

2. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Not sure if this helps at all, but I just bought the gas today and it looks like it's been sitting in the store box since about June.

3. killgrass

killgrass Member

FBG
    How hard were you pushing down on the fill valve?

4. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

I tried various intensities from a little pressure to a lot

5. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

I'm thinking that I should just order a new mag

6. killgrass

killgrass Member

FBG
    I would hold off on that. I would buy a new can of green gas or better yet get a propane adapter and some propane, and try again. If that still doesnt work, then get a new mag

7. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Exactly what I was thinking, because I figured if nothing is even coming out of the can than that's what it has to be. I'll see if they have any newer cans of gas in stock tomorrow.
    But is it possible for the gas to, I don't know, go bad after sitting around for a long time?

8. killgrass

killgrass Member

FBG
    Possibly. The valve may have gone bad, or been damaged. I'm not very familiar with green gas cans as I use propane, but it seems like that is your problem. I would try and return your can to the store and get a newer one.

9. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Ok I'll try and do that today. Now if I use propane, is there a certain brand or kind that works better in airsoft guns than others?

10. killgrass

killgrass Member

FBG
    Nope not really. Just buy an airsoft innovations propane adapter kit, and go buy some propane canisters from the camping section of walmart. Propane is propane, so there isn't really a certain brand you have to buy. Just remember to oil your mags every so often and you'll do fine.

11. 808matt

808matt Member

San Jose
    With the can upright and the nozzle facing upwards, I would carefully use something to depress the nozzle (don't use your fingers or fingernail), and see if any gas comes out. That way you can see whether or not the green gas can actually works.

12. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Yah it's a defective mag, I did what you said, except I was in the car and didn't have my gun so I gently pressed the nozzle onto the door, and gas came out. My not have been the smartest thing to do, but I rolled down the window at least.

13. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Picture of the fill valve of the magazine?

14. 808matt

808matt Member

San Jose
    This may sound dumb, but have you actually tried firing the gun with the magazine you have? Perhaps it was already filled when you bought it. With the newer O-ring fill valves, no hissing or sounds will let you know if the mag is already full, and it will seem like nothing is happening.

15. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Not likely. Even full mags will render hissing and some mist residue from the can if the can is working right. Besides, most mags from manufacturers have just enough gas to keep pressure on the seals and o rings. No where near full.

16. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Yes I have tried that multiple times and nothing came out. I'll try again later.

17. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Sure, once I get home that is.

18. 808matt

808matt Member

San Jose
    Try depressing the gas release valve on the magazine, which is what the firing pin hits to release gas out of the top. Be sure that it is pointed away from your face. If it is truly empty, it should be very easy to press, and it will just spring back and nothing will happen. If it is stiff and hard to push down, that may mean there is gas in there, and that the problem lies in either the valve or the gun itself.

19. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Tried it, it's Very easy to press, springs back into place.

20. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member