Gas efficiency upgrades for VFC Glock 19x

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Peter_Popel, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    What the fins looks like makes minimal difference. Key is the diameter should be very close so it seal properly.

For a valve that looks like this:

[​IMG]

That can be replaced by a valve that looks like this:

[​IMG]

Says there is very little in the design that makes the difference. The key is actually the spring and the weight of the valve.

On a big EU forum (Arnies) there is a Russian guy who replicated a Ice Pick Valve with the stock one by essentially drilling holes and filing away material in the stock valve from a TM to lighten the valve and he put in a lighter spring. Worked just as well as the Ice pick valve...

I do believe the valves are here. I have two boxes of unopened Airsoft that got in last night.

2. Peter_Popel

Peter_Popel New Member

That's why I thought the fins might be problematic. If you look at the VFC valve from the back, it's an oval shape and not round, because of the whole fin part. And there is a recess for the fins to go in in the nozzle, so I don't know, if a round valve would seal there properly. That said, there is also a bevel before that, where the valve is still round, which might be the actual sealing section.

Ok, that makes sense of course. Thanks for the info!

Sounds like a lot of work to get it to work correctly, I think I'd rather spend a few bucks, in order to avoid the hassle :D
    But still good to know I have the option, should the Ice Pick not have the right dimensions for the VFC nozzle.

Will you do some comparison tests to the old Ice Picks? Would be really interesting to see, if there are any actual improvements over the old version.

And when do you think you'll have the time to measure the valves? No rush, just asking ;)

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Only the MWS Ice Picks came in...Evolution units not here yet.