Gas Mask

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Hartman96, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    I'm curius if any body uses gas masks to play. Also how often are there ops that use them? The reason I ask, I recently came across and purchased a cheap mask (looks freakn awesome) and I'm wondering if I can use it.

2. GunJack

GunJack Tiocfaidh ar la Supporting Member

Evil Volcano Lair
    I would say you could, but I'd buy a second mask and test it with your gun at about the distances you'd be taking fire from.

3. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

I have one but I've never used it. I don't see why you can't. I mean they're full seal right?

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    How old/new is your gas mask? The older ones used glass to see through a bb may be able to penetrate the glass.

5. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Yeah thats what I figure I'll do. This is it... o_O

Attached Files:

6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Looks like one of those old Russian gas masks. Does it have glass for the (eye holes?)?

7. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Yeah either galss or plexi, not sure.

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    I wouldn't use it. Unless you wear shooting glasses underneath but that would defeat the prose of it in the first place. Unless you wanted to replace the lenses with some stronger material.

9. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Those ehobbyasia masks are nice, but I have a gas mask I got real cheap in it's original packaging unopened at a yard sale with glass, and have used it in Airsoft games with no issue. The working gasmask also had no fogging issues.

10. The Fox

The Fox New Member

A little village in Europe
    The gasmask in the photo is a GP-5, dont use it, the glasses will shatter if you shoot them up close(has been tested by others before).
    If you want to wear a gasmask, replace the eyepieces with proper glasses, either by cutting them from other airsoftgoggles or by making them from 3mm polycarbonate

Having played without issue doesnt mean they are safe, gasmasks arent made for airsoft and in most cases, the glasses will break upon getting hit. The EhobbyAsia gasmask is probably the only other alternative available.

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    To THE FOX thanks for the info. Has anybody ever played an op requiring gas masks?

12. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I am thinking of Modding my save phace to look like a gas mask might get that cheap $20 one to do it....
    want it to look something like this. only have that curved lens like the save phace has.
    [​IMG]

13. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Don't use the mask!!!
    We have a guy who plays on my team, he uses a gas mask, but he has put $100 throung it replacing lences, because me and the other snipers keep shooting them out;) he still hasn't gotten the point...

14. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Why the crap would you aim for his eyes? o_O

15. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Make sure he stops using it. You would both get in trouble if something happened.

16. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Ya, its never shattered, but it has cracked before! Plus its made of rubber, so it never really helps stop the enertia of the bb.

17. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Are you willing to take the risk that nothing is really going to happen?

18. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    No ill tell him next skrimish

19. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    A bit off topic, but what model gas mask is that?

On topic, playing in a gas mask is nasty in the heat and if you use an actual filter breathing is a bit weird. My advice is to replace the lenses with plexiglass and maybe drill a hole through the filter.