Cons:
Less upgrades
exspensive mags
Mag capasity
Cost of gas

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
To add on to that gas rifles (especially snipers) tend to have a higher fps and you tell me if thats a pro or a con because idk your fields fps limits.

·
14,666 Posts
To add to the cons list
Less efficient in colder weather
Velocity varies depending on temperature.

·
Registered
693 Posts
IMO gas guns are way more fun, the blowback action, realism, and functioning bolt catch are just too fun to skip out on. But because they are less efficient on cold weather, mags being a PITA price wise, and overall needing more TLC to remain functional I wouldn't recommend them to a lot of people unless you're dedicated.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I run 7 KWA LM4 mags in standard games. Capacity is not a con to me but for most people it is because they cant just unload a ton of plastic down range. I pick my shots, i dont just spray and pray.
I love the recoil, the feel, the RS parts, the RS feel. NPAS fixes all FPS issues and needing more TLC is not true. they need just to be lubed and looked at a few times a month same if not less than an AEG.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Only pro to GBBR is the realism. You he no reason to buy it other wise. End of story.

AEGs perform better.
I disagree, it depends. If you're talking about the usual GBBRs on the market then I would agree to an extend.

If you're looking to use a classic system like the P* and Daytona, then those will beat out the AEGs. But you're going to need some money for that setup.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Haha. People are surprised when I tell them that all airsoft guns use air. They think that the spring actually propels the BB. Of course, I thought that once...

Anyway, Gas guns have fewer moving parts, better trigger response, and more realism.

They also have expensive mags, low ammo capacity, and weather issues.

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
I bet I can make a GBBR outpreform most AEGs. Lol. IR hop :D. Anyways, I thought of a few more.

-Realistic Takedown
-Realistis Firing Mech
-Instantaneous Trigger Response
-Lubing is just like a real rifle
-More diverse amount of external accessories
-Internally upgradeable as well (Believe it or not)
-Realistic ROF

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
P* and Daytona are compressed air, not a GBBR. Totally different.

I agree those out outperform AEG's, but they are not GBBR
Both can operate on CO2 as well, thus classifying them as GBBR. HPA is classified as a gas too.

Edited: Correction, P* isn't a GBBR because of its lack of blowback functionality, but the Daytona has the blowback functionality.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Technically any gun that uses compressed air/gas is a gas gun. AEGs aren't gas powered because it isn't compressed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.