Gas vs. Spring

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by rangedkiller25, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rangedkiller25

rangedkiller25 New Member

I wanna know what everyone has to say about this! Which is better?

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    In what kind of context?

3. rangedkiller25

Sorry my b gas v spring sniper rifles!!

4. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Gas. Easier bolt to pull back so you have faster follow up shots and also don't lose your target when pulling the bolt back.

5. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    No, excuse me, I should have seen that this was in the sniper rifles section.

If it's a gas rifle, you should rig an HPA tank to it to get the most out of the gun. Without the HPA, the Spring rifle will be more effective, as it can be made more consistent than a gas sniper rifle.

However, a gas sniper rifle will feel more realistic than a spring sniper rifle, and, it won't require as much work to cock the spring between each shot.

6. rangedkiller25

Wait what's an HPA tank?? I'm sorta new to gas rifles! Where could you out one in a kjw kco2?

7. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

HPA stands for high pressure air. This means the power source for your rifle comes from an externaly mounted regulated tank and hose system.

Like all HPA systems, your magazine is tapped for a nipple that you will attach a hose to. The tank and hose are mounted to a side pouch on your vest... these set-ups can be very cumbersome based on how you build them.

Just starting out in gas guns... forget about HPA and learn the gas gun first... then worry about HPA. You don't want to mess anything up because you are in-experienced. HPA and gas rifles are expensive... keep that in mind.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  8. rangedkiller25

Oh so you can't install it in the gun?

9. rangedkiller25

Gotcha thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.