1. RockNRoll33

RockNRoll33 Member Supporting Member

Buford
    I got my titan back in august and the motor wires were to short and what looked like to be on the wrong side. I tried extending them but got no connection to the motor and then it sat in the box until recently. I talked with Gate support and got it re-wired and they sent me the photo showing how to do it:

[​IMG]

and as you can see the negative is in front..I looked at the little wire and it said if you reverse the wires it causes damage or even fire! I obviously don't want that so do I put the negative wrapped wire on the positive side?

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Take a close look at the terminals on the motor. They should be marked in some way, positive and negative. You can put the motor in either way round so 'front' and 'back' are irrelevant.
    The Titan is quite good at stopping you screwing up. If it doesn't see the motor turning, or a current spike due to a stall then it'll just turn itself off.

3. RockNRoll33

Buford
    I always thought the positive was in front and of it was changed it would spin reverse and get caught up on the ARL or hit the piston from behind

4. cetane

cetane Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    In a conventional trigger setup, you would have the positive in the front. With a trigger fet, negative in front is simpler. Just put negative in front hole of gearbox, positive in rear hole, and install the motor with positive towards the back and negitive towards front. Motor orientation in the grip doesn’t matter assuming you put + to + and - to - ....

5. RockNRoll33

Buford
    Ok, thanks I've only used standard fets (NanoHard, nukefet, etc.) so I'm not used to this fancy stuff.

6. RockNRoll33

Buford
    I also mainly got this for the hair trigger. I don’t want my trigger flopping around but I don’t want any weight to pull it back. Is there like a light trigger spring mod or something?

7. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

For the ultimate hair trigger with a Titan get one of these...

http://www.airsoftjunkiez.com/speed-airsoft-hpa-m4-standard-tunable-trigger-in-black/

I know it says it's for HPA guns but it works perfectly with a Titan in a V2 shell. Got one in my DMR. It has two adjustment screws, one to set the start point and also a stop, so you can get it to the point where it's already triggered one or two of the trigger sensors in the Titan and the tiniest movement triggers the next and fires the gun. It also uses a really light spring that fits over the stop screw on the back of the trigger. You may need to Dremel out the trigger slot in your receiver though to allow it to do through.

8. RockNRoll33

Buford
    I have one of those but it doesn’t go with my build :/. I bent a spring so it’s really light and 2 of the sensors are engaged so I set it to 3 for fire and it’s really nice.

9. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    As stated, motor orientation does not matter as long as red wire to positive terminal (+ to +) and black wire to negative terminal (- to -).

If you flip the wires on the terminals, THEN it will spin backwards and lock up against the ARL

10. RockNRoll33

Buford