Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Administrator
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got inspired by VirtualWaffles AEG post, so I figured one was in order for the Gas Blowback area. Now, due to my lack of experience with GBBRs, I will list those brands here but will wait on others to add their views on them.

Pistols:

Y&P: Lower end and cheaper, but the Mk23 is a nice model for a low price. They do not manufacture GBB pistols, only NBB. $60-70 price range

HFC: Lower end yet again, but blowback unlike Y&P. Good for the cheaper price but it would be worth it to save up for a better pistol. $60-100 price range

WE: Crap. Don't even bother. They look nice but have a horrible failure rate. $90-120 price range.

KJW: About the same price range as WE, but far better quality. Will outperform KWA for a lower price.

KWA: Over priced and over hyped. The go to GBB for many player, yet stacked toe to toe with other brands is not worth what you pay for it, as it is easily outperformed by KJW. The system is also completely proprietary, so there are few if any available upgrades. $140-170 price range.

KSC: KWA's sister company. Parts are of better quality however, and the quality control overall is superior. Definitely a good buy. $130-170.

Tokyo Marui: One of the best brands available. Plastic bodies, but very durable. More expensive than KWA but not by much, definitely worth the extra dough. $150-200 Price range.

Western Arms: Cream of the crop, very nice pistols. They discontinue models after a year, but are very slick pistols. Very expensive and unsure of the internal quality compared to TM or KWA. $300-400 price range.

GBBRs:

KJW: Supposedly the best out of box GBB M4s currently in production. Performance and durability are very good without any upgrades, while the external looks leave much to wish for. There are also many upgrades made for it (NPASes, V1 & V2 bolts, upgraded recoil guide, etc.)
$400 for M4 CQB-R, $300 for full length.

WE: Good looking, low quality externals; requires alot of internal upgrades to make it reliable. Even after upgrades, the bodies of some models are known for cracking due to recoil stress.
Anywhere from $230 to $600.

King Arms: decent, not the greatest GBBRs, but not bad either. $300-$400

Western Arms: Beautiful, high quality externals, very nice recoil; but they need alot of internal upgrades for the price, too many to make the investment worth while.
$600 for a base rifle.

KWA: Same as their pistols. Decent quality but there is better for less money.

VFC:Terrible replica of an M4. (no info on newer G36 and MP5 variants) Uses zinc for high stress parts such as the hammer, BCG, pretty much any internal part. Newest gen rifles seem to have improved however.

G&P: My personal favorite GBBR. Good quality with the awesome G&P externals.

I would love to see some feedback on this, if there is anything I need to add/take away please let me know.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
King arms GBBR: decent, not the greatest GBBRs, but not bad either. $300-$400

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've heard of Army gas blowbacks and they seem about the same price and quality as HFC. I recommend adding Socom gear: they take WE guns add accessories and have more quality control. Just rebrands em.

·
Administrator
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, I'll add them after dinner. I plan on adding Maruzen, Marushin, Tanaka and the like later, just wanted to get the major brands in first.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'll add t o the GBBR section.
KJW M4: Supposedly the best out of box GBB M4s currently in production. Performance and durability are very good withought any upgrades, while the external looks leave much to wish for. There are also many upgrades made for it (NPASses, V1 & V2 bolts, upgraded recoil guide, etc.)
$400 for M4 CQB-R, $300 for full leingth.

King Arms M4: A very good M4 replica with quality externals, but needs a few internal upgrade parts to make it reliable on a long term basis (bolt, trigger assembly, etc).
$330

WE: Good looking, low quality externals; requires alot of internal upgrades to make it reliable. Even after upgrades, the bodies of some models are known for cracking due to recoil stress.
Anywere from $230 to $600.

WA: Beutiful, high quality externals, very nice recoil; but they need alot of internal upgrades for the price, too many to make the investment woth while.
$600 for a base rifle.

Feel free to eit my acounts if I am forgeting anything\lots of people do not agree. Also add AGM to the GBBR list.
Sorry for possable bad spelling, I'm typing this on the go.

·
Administrator
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops, I forgot Inokatsu. Anybody think I should include classics or Polarstar.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
If Echihn were still here he'd school everyone and their mother on which classics are good, why they're good, how they compare to others, what needs to be done on them, and how much he hates noobs. Just sayin'.

WE uses their customers as research and development. They wait until someone reports flaws to fix it in their next generation of guns.

·
Administrator
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I figure I'll spend a week doing some research on classics at the classic airsoft forums, and do another write up.

·
Administrator
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump. I'll be updating this when I have time.

·
#FreeNuggy
2,697 Posts
I'll like to amend my last post about VFC as that was based off of their 2010 version. The newer 2012 version is of much higher quality with a majority of internal parts are much stronger as they are made of steel, however the hammer and bolt are still made of zinc I believe. However steel reinforced parts are available. Gas efficiency is also much better than the previous version. The MP5 and UMP are complete trash however from what I have been able to gather from other people.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts