Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,376 Posts

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
I have no idea where you get the insane idea that "Tokyo Marui: One of the best brands available. Plastic bodies, but very durable." Bwah ha ha ha ha ha .... the PLASTIC slides on ALL of their Hi-capa 1911/2011's are notorious for cracking and failing by 20k to 25k shots! I have several friends in our (Vet based) Airsoft club that have them and had theirs crack. I also hear as many complaints about the TM Hi-capa mags leaking NEW on a higher percentage than ones from WE Tech or JAG. I have two TM M9 Hi-capa 26+1 mags, both leaked. I have 4 WE Tech M9 Hi-capa 26+1 identical mags and only ONE leaked out of the box. Likewise, I have to assume the same is the case for TM's 30+1 2011 Hi-capa mags.

I have a couple mid priced WE Tech GBBP's, one nearly 4 years old (M9A3 Navy SEAL model) and I've have had no failures with either, and we skirmish a lot.
Because Tokyo Marui guns are meant to be run on R134a duster, not the higher pressure greengas, I’ve personally never had issues with TM guns

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
Nobody I've ever seen uses Dust Blowing Gas in the US or Canada, nobody only wants to get 250fps! If TM wants to sell in the West, then they should change the design (material - use Steel, Zinc, Aluminum) or don't sell it here. Does Toyota and Nissan sell right-hand drive cars here in the USA just because they do in Japan? As I said, I know quite a few guys that have broken their TM Slides, Nozzle's and Blowbacks using GG or Propane, like everyone else does here and Europe. That isn't "reliable". I have yet to break the Stainless Steel slide, Nozzle or Blowback on my 4 year old WE Tech T-Rex 5.1. Did break one of the disconnectors though.
Then don’t buy TM, you’re making a conscious choice to spend high and abuse said items, I for one have no issue with lower FPS guns, they also have metal kits for most TM guns so if that’s your ONLY issue, spend another $300 or more on a full metal kit

You’re bullying yourself at this point

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
JuSt As GoOd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts