GBB Brand Thread

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Shady, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'll likely get on that tomorrow. Bit busy at work today.

2. RAAT

RAAT New Member

Speaking of Inokatsu, I hear Spartan Imports has a $1,400 GBB Sig P226. I saw a video of the shooting, but it's incredibly over priced...

3. ob1sbo

ob1sbo Member

dc
    lol I know you can buy a real one for less but its probably for Asian consumers/ hard core collectors that don't have the means or it outside legality to obtain one.

4. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Everything Inok is top notch, price and quality... Their Masterpiece P229 is $1100 as well.

5. mourakue

mourakue Member Supporting Member

Colorado Springs
    Kwa kriss vector: turns heads like no other, but ultimately overpriced. Destined to become more expensive as they become more and more rare, and kwa takes advantage of the fact that they are the only ones who can repair them (reliably). Kwa has horrendous customer service, cool products, is way overpriced, and ultimately overhyped.

6. AlphaZer0

AlphaZer0 WE M4 CQB OPEN BOLT GBBR

Houston
    WE GBBRs' low quality externals cracking, is that the older models or does that apply to the newer open bolt versions as well?

7. Senther

Senther Member

Bayfield
    Which is utterly insane. I can MAYBE see spending that much on a primary, but on a sidearm? A real steel P229 costs half that. I don't care how good of a sidearm it is, there is absolutely no way it is good enough to justify that price tag. Period. Unless it can make accurate shots at 200 yards and is made of gold, it's just insulting that Inokatsu would even charge that much.

8. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    A P229 is $1068 new w/ night sights. Pretty much equal... No SIG is $500 RS.

Either way, while the quality is really, really nice, I wouldnt justify it either. But, to each their own.

Guys, this isn't really the thread to be posting questions, it's a sticky thread. There's a 1Q1A GBB thread that would be great for these questions.

9. Finbarqs

Finbarqs Member

West Covina
    umm... before anybody buys ANYTHING inokatsu expect this: It can only clear rounds on CO2. It'll only shoot approx 280 fps. Things will start to fall apart on you. They will force you to live with the extra bumper on the KJW mag -- Since there are no other choices in terms of mags.

I have the Inokatsu 1911. I wish I didn't buy it. The slide stop backs itself out just by slamming a mag into the mag well.

check out this video. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imCglTRVMC4[/ame]

10. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

That is horrible! You should gift it to me so you don't have to look at your regret anymore.

11. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    ^That is unfortunate.

I know most of the Inok guns come with CO2 magazines, but I know the P229 does not.

12. VSRmaster

VSRmaster New Member

Manitowoc
    Does anyone possibly know if there is anything compatible with an Elite Force 1911A1? I've tried researching and I found that KWC might be compatible but I haven't found anything else that could give me a solid answer on that.

13. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Again people, you can create your own threads..

EF is rebranded KWC. They can use KWC parts or parts from the Red Jacket 1911s, also EF/KWC rebrands.

14. HGrig

HGrig New Member

Well. I'm a new user but I have a few cents I can add. I have a KWA Kriss (soon to be my friends), a we pdw (gen 3), a we l85, we m9, and kjw (I think) m93r. My experiences with the guns are that they're all good with faults. My we guns are nice to me. They have fairly decent exteriors, and the internals are fine. My m9's externals are starting to wear after limited use. The m93r has a plastic lower, and a metal upper. Its fine but the mags are horrible, and impossible to find. The kriss has **** all for replacement parts but at least angel customs is finally making stuff for it. The l85 and pdw jam, but whatever. It doesn't happen to often , and only when I do full auto. I like my guns and the all still work.

15. jordan06

jordan06 New Member

Do you know the h&k mk23 socom

16. ob1sbo

ob1sbo Member

dc
    I'm not sure I understand the question,,,

17. jordan06

jordan06 New Member

I mean because the Orange tip i want to change the color

18. sidearms4reasonNY

sidearms4reasonNY New Member

Brooklyn
    This. There is apparently the old we 416 which is made by a shop AFC In hongkong, for we. AFC is part of we, and make the higher end gbbrs. (Airplane grade steel). Now that they lost their licence. The m4-SOL (416) supposedly uses worse metal and isn't exactly 1:1 scale and weight. A buddy of mine cracked his lower receiver by tightening the buffer tube on the SOL.

19. sidearms4reasonNY

sidearms4reasonNY New Member

Brooklyn
    And btw, AFC make the full trademarked hk416 and these higher end rifles are the ones that are used by law enforcement for training. Starting price for am WE /AFC 416? Try 450$ plus 100 dollar shipping.
    And that's without any ra-tech CNC internals.

20. TurtleTactical

TurtleTactical New Member

Dallas
    Good list, but I don't totally agree with you on the KWA/KJW thing.

I have a GBB from both of these manufacturers and I think the KWA shoots better all-around, and is built slightly better. Worth the $160? Depends on what you are looking for, but the one I have hasn't let me down. There is nothing wrong with the KJW though, and the one I have is a great little gun.

Over-hyped/praised, definitely, but I still think they are nice guns for what they are.

I know I might sound like a KWA fanboy, but i was almost talked out of buying one by a friend, and I'm glad went ahead and bought one and I certainly don't feel ripped-off or anything.