GBB Brand Thread

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Shady, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jeepstuff

jeepstuff New Member

Sacramento
    I just bought a WE 1911 MEU. Love it so far.

2. nivaldin

nivaldin New Member

Goiania
    WE-Tech is still a crap nowadays?

3. 556Hunter

556Hunter Member

Rolla
    WE seems to be hit and miss. I have one of their M16s that is a total lemon, but I've had no trouble with my WE P226.

4. HellsDisciples

HellsDisciples New Member

Hyde Park
    Really enjoying my VFC HK 417. New to VFC but the quality so far has been amazing

5. HellsDisciples

HellsDisciples New Member

Hyde Park

just dont break propriatry items like sights and youre good. The KWA proshop refuses to call me back every time I call them for sight replacements on my KWA KMP9.

6. meepmeepme

meepmeepme Member

Honolulu

It is ok... I bough a gun from them a couple weeks ago, and have treated them royally, and seem to have no problem other than that they are remarkably average

7. clinicallyproven

clinicallyproven Active Member

Los Angeles
    I dunno if you can really consider it "WE." I'm fairly sure that HK3P makes WE's M&Ps, PX4s, and Glocks, which are substantially better than WE's OEM offerings, which are gambles, as previously mentioned whether it'll work fine or it's a lemon.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  8. meepmeepme

meepmeepme Member

Honolulu

How do I know if it is hk3p? Also is the desert warrior oem?

9. clinicallyproven

Los Angeles
    I'm fairly certain the Desert Warrior was an OEM, albeit one of the better ones (from what I've read around.) Most of what I know about HK3P and WE comes from other people's statements, as I don't have any on hand knowledge.

10. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    From what I understand, HK3P is simply WE with trademarks.

11. meepmeepme

meepmeepme Member

Honolulu

The m&p 9 has no trades xd

12. clinicallyproven

Los Angeles
    HK3P makes the guns for W.E, but they sell their own products with trades, from what I can piece together.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  13. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Is HK3P even around anymore? I'd like to source a Sig trademarked slide for my WE P226/MK25.

14. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Yep, I saw that. I was hoping they would have the slide assembly as a stand alone replacement part but damned if I can find one.

15. NomadCole

NomadCole Member

Toms River
    I personally love my KWA pistol and I know my friends all love theirs. I don't understand why they get so much hate. My stock KWA USP Compact can shoot a man sized target consistently over 150 feet, and I never tested any farther. I know they also make some awesome aegs which also get a lot of hate. I recommend KWA to all of my friends who are getting into Airsoft. The only problem I ever had with any of my KWA guns was my m4 and the stock barrel isn't that great, but that's just about the same for any stock gun. Even when I upgraded to 430 fps and 30 rps it functioned completely fine with stock gears, piston, contacts, and the stock gearbox. Everything except the spring and motor was stock and I was running an 11.1 lipo.

16. Shadow1Delta

Shadow1Delta Member

Yorktown
    I have had several WE rifles and have had success with most all of them. The only down side I've really noticed has been their fickleness with weather. They work great when the weather is optimal, but not so much in high humidity or extreme cold. I currently have a PDW, MSK, G39(my second one), AK74u and an 888c, all by WE and all purchased second hand. Most all of the issues I've had have been settled by recoil spring replacement, bucking/barrel replacement or good barrel cleaning. Hell, I don't really even clean and lube them as much as I should and they still perform quite well, especially since I have moved into using hpa tapped mags...

17. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    The difference in quality between WE rifles and pistols is ridiculous. He may have been talking about the pistols, which for the most part are highly inefficient and problematic.

The rifles are a different beast. I have heard almost nothing but good things. Their rifles are a much better quality. I'd like to get one at some point so I can really get a feel for the quality myself.

18. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    This is absolutely true. I've owned 3-4 WE rifles and a handful of WE pistols, and if they could put the same quality into their pistols that they do into their rifles, I believe they'd be just under TM, in terms of quality.
    If I lived in a place that allowed the proper use of gas rifles, I'd probably only field a WE GBBR.

19. JCL

JCL Member

Cohasset
    Where I am isn't a lot different from you and I use 3 different WE rifles. Withough much problem. Granted, the season for them is a tad shorter than what most people play, it isn't all that bad. I've only owned one WE pistol, the 1911, and it was awful. Waste of money. However, my rifles have performed great and fixing them, when something goes wrong, is cheap and easy. Just a couple tweaks and they work amazingly.