GBB M9 compatibility issues?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Dlinkster98, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Dlinkster98

Dlinkster98 New Member

Sacermento
    Ok so I’m not new to GBB pistols, but I recently made a purchase of a WE M9 and noticed it had a proprietary hop up. After looking up I noticed KJW uses vsr-10 bucking's and I cannot find a complete hop up assembly anywhere. I also noticed the barrel cut is different, are all M9's Tm, KJ, WE, HFC Etc. all proprietary?

2. Asanatheist

Asanatheist New Member

Lewisville
    The hop up unit is impossible to find. I've tried looking.
    Only way to get it is to buy the upper slide complete, which runs something like $60 last I checked.

Now I was able to use my KJW's top slide assembly including the hop up unit/inner barrel with the WE M92-L lower portion. However I did NOT shoot it, so I am unsure if it would actually work work.

The inner barrels and hop up units are incompatible with one another. I tried to fit one and the other: No luck.

Last thing: get rid of the WE and get a KJW. I am glad I did. Had all world of problems with the WE while the USED Kjw I got from ebay worked just fine with no issues.

3. Dlinkster98

Dlinkster98 New Member

Sacermento
    Does the kjw use standard Vsr-10 bucking's, and regular cut barrels?

4. Asanatheist

Asanatheist New Member

Lewisville
    Checked it out. I am pretty certain it's using VSR-10 bucking. I am unsure about the regular cut barrels. I will post pictures tomorrow.

5. Dlinkster98

Dlinkster98 New Member

Sacermento
    in their parts diagram its a 2 piece bucking and a different cut.

6. Asanatheist

Asanatheist New Member

Lewisville
    Bucking is one piece from what I could tell, black rubber. I looked at the diagram couldn't really find the bucking. Could be possibly a two piece, one piece for the nub one for the sealing of the barrel.

I will take mine apart and confirm later today for you.

7. Asanatheist

Asanatheist New Member

Lewisville
    Here's the pictures.

It's definitely a VSR-10 Bucking.
    You can take a look at the barrel, the ring around it is the hop up unit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dlinkster98

Dlinkster98 New Member

Sacermento
    well now i might get a kj m9 now.

9. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

HFC also has a great M9. It's debatable which brand is better.

10. kazuma5201

kazuma5201 New Member

Raleigh
    I feel your pain man. I've have a Samurai Edge M9 from WE, and that propietary hop-up is total bullshit. I'm still trying to figure out what else could possibly fit in that gun so I hopefully replace it, and upgrade the barrel/nub/bucking to how it should have been in the first place.

I'm almost debating just buying each type of M9x hop-up from Evike, and returning them one by one until I find one that works.