Gbb magazine problem!

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by LegacyAirsoft, Oct 6, 2012.

1. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Just the other day my gbb hicapa mag started to leak from the bottom, well I fixed that but now all of a sudden it's leaking from the top. This hasn't happened to me before and I don't know how to fix this, can anyone please help?

2. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

The leak on the top of the mag is probaby from the round shaped golden thingy on the mag. Im not sure what that is called but I do know it has something to do with the gas

3. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    I'm pretty sure the round shaped golden thingy is the fill valve and it would leak from the bottom if that was the problem, unfortunately this is leaking from the top! And I dunno how to fix :(

4. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    you submerge it under water to see where the bubbles come from. That should tell you if its from the valve or the top main o-ring.

I would look at a disassembly guide to "manually" relube/replace the valve seal.

The 2 main o-ring IIRC there is a bolt to tighten the seals.

5. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

See my notes below...

Seriously?!?!

adas1223 has the right idea. The striker valve (the round shaped golden thingy on the mag) may be slightly sticking open allowing gas to pass through the top of the mag. The water submerge test will define the exact location. If it is the valve, it can be extracted and cleaned, and relubed to see if that will fix your problem. Replace if neccessary... keep us posted.

6. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Thanks, I disassembled the mag and cleaned, put silicone on the orings. This seemed to do the trick for it is not leaking anymore. However if it started to leak again I will try the water submerging, thank you.

7. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

That's good to hear, best of luck!