Gbb vs aeg

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by robbie89, Oct 31, 2012.

1. robbie89

robbie89 New Member

Sorry for my ignorance but are the gbb m4s upgradeable like a regular electric m4? If so is it worth buying a gbb instead of aeg?

2. potentialthreat

potentialthreat New Member

Where do you live dose it get super cold

3. robbie89

robbie89 New Member

I live in scranton pa, it can get pretty cold here.

4. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    You probably wont be able to play outdoors in winter with a GBB. I went AEG specifically so I could.

The internals would still be upgradable and the externals would sill allow for your accessories (if it has a RIS/RAS) and components can be swapped out just the same.

It also boils down to what you feel more comfortable with... messing with electrical stuff or messing with pneumatic stuff.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Gbbr are upgrade able but not in the same way AEGs are, I have a very limited understanding of them (so take this with a grain of salt), but from what I do understand, most people buy GBBRs for a more realistic gun experience, for example some GBBRs have recoil, and don't fire when out of ammo.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. robbie89

robbie89 New Member

Hmm this is all really helpful so I'm deff leaning towards a aeg. I have about 520$ I'm going to spend. Probably going with classic army g&g vfc or kwa.. Not sure yet but any opinions are greatly appreciated.?

7. Rigby24

Rigby24 New Member

I have a GBBR and love it. I love the feel of it and just the realistic of it.

8. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    GBBRs are upgradeable, maybe not to the extent of a TM AEG but if you're using a WA system gun there's a plethora of upgrades, the WE system has a solid following as well. If you want to make a well performing GBBR it's do-able.

That being said, GBBRs aren't the way I'd recommend everyone go. Not to scare you off from the experience, but they're expensive, very maintenance heavy (vs an AEG), and have a much lower reliability rating vs an AEG, mostly due to cooldown and gas expansion. The pure idea of a GBBR is realism, get as close to real as you can get, you want the recoil, you want the locking bolt, you want the cloest simulation of an actual gun. So, if you got a lot of cash to spend and would be willing to keep up with the costs of maintenance and labor that comes with GBBRs for the awesome experience you get go for it, if not, I'd stay away for now.

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Quite frankly I'd recommend you get an AEG. $520 should be enough to get you started with a GBBR, but it will cost you much more as you go. With your budget you would want to get a WE TECH GBBR. Magazines will be a big killer at at least $40 a pop. After a few thousand rounds you will need to replace your trigger set in a WE. You can get a steel RA-TECH trigger for about ~$125 I believe. ( I'm not sure on that price ). Then you'll need to replace your BCG with a steel RA-TECH BCG for about ~$100. Again I'm not positive on that price, I will double check for you. After those upgrades you will have a nice GBBR.

10. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Go G&G is what I'd do. I got the VFC HK416 and it's pretty legit. High rate of fire, but it's CQB so the FPS are... well I never had a good chrono. Calculated it to 310 with .25s. Certificate in the box said 353 with .20s (but that was pre breakin).

If I had it to do all over again, I'd save up and get the systema PTW M4. (And I am saving up for that lol). But I'd go with whatever the nices M4 I could find.

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you get a WE, don't get the RA tech trigger. They wear away a lot, and FAST. CWI trigger parts are great. It's what most people use when they upgrade their WE GBBR M4s.

12. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

If u want a gas blow back get a lm4 by kwa very nice no upgrades needed i have had many gbbrs but the lm4 is the best vl

13. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I WANT!!! I want a PTW and GBB would be amazing.

14. robbie89

robbie89 New Member

I've been researching vfc a lot the past couple days trying to compare the mark18 to some of classic army's stuff but its all such a tough decision.