Gbbr g36

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by G36fanatic..., Jun 29, 2010.

1. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
  2. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    LOL, someone posted this an Airsoft Barracks yesterday! It’s straight up GBBR, not a drop in kit. I’ve been weighting for a GBB G36 for quite some time, hopefully the body will be made out of a zinc alloy/nylon fiber mix, like the real steel, and not simple ABS. Has a projected release date been announced?

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Unless it gets licensed by Umarex, good luck trying to get one in the US, though.

4. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    Not necessarily, I could order one from Ehobbyasia or Redwolf, have them either destroy of cover any trademarks, and it will probably make it through costumes. Now a U.S. retailer who is ordering hundreds of these, that’s a different story.

5. G36fanatic...

Boulder
    Ya, some of those places have this goo that they can put over them that will make it through customs, but can be removed with some effort when you get it.

It's worth the risk for me...

6. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    Yeah, me too! Hopefully GHK will make a deal Umarex, though. It would sure reduce the hassle and risk on our end.

7. G36fanatic...

Boulder
    That would make it quite a bit more expensive though. I wouldn't mind some "GHK36C" trades as long as they are not colored in white and it would make it cheaper.

Honestly, Im more worried about mag prices... Although GHK AK and AR mags
    run around $50 right now, so it's not as bad as some of those WA super mags lol

8. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Has H&K gone the same route as Glock and prohibited copy's/replica's of their models or just the trade marks.

9. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    It seems both. But customs will usually let one or two trademark infringing replicas who have been purchased by a private citizen go through without a problem, so long as any authentic trademarks can’t be seen. Retailers who order hundreds or thousands of guns will be hit hard, though.

10. G36fanatic...

Boulder
    They will let G36s through without trademarks. H&K has not tradmarked the image like Glock did.

Airsoft extreme claims to still be getting shipments of CA G36s.

11. Archer

Archer New Member

N/A
    Now that IS interesting! I tried to sell a JG G36 on Ebay and it was pulled two or three time because H&K complained to Ebay about copyright infringement. Ebay sent me a notice that the “item” was too reminiscent of a G36. The first time I can understand, I called it a “G36” in the auction, but the next two times I called it an “M36” and “G608”. So if H&K hasn’t trademarked the designed and look, Ebay an H&K owe me, a lot!