Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally took the dive and bought a GHK m4. I'm a huge fan of the realism and feel of the rifle but I find it lacking at medium ranges where I would have no problem with my avalon. I was debating on either the maple leaf crazy jet or TNT apx hopup/tight bore combo and possibly some heavier bbs.

Would you guys suggest one brand over the other and what weight would you typically run in this setup?

Currently a Stock GHK m4a1 fsb(14.5" barrel), shooting roughly 350 fps with .30 bbs. I use both green gas and propane.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
You don't need that barrel...you need a packing that spins the bb better.

Look into Maple Leaf specific packings/rubbers/buckings for the GHK M4 Hot Shots...in rubber or Cool Shots in silicone.

If you need a new barrel...Crazy Jets are proven. T-N.T S+ are very new...I have some (new), but don't have the matched packings yet...

·
Registered
442 Posts
So I finally took the dive and bought a GHK m4. I'm a huge fan of the realism and feel of the rifle but I find it lacking at medium ranges where I would have no problem with my avalon. I was debating on either the maple leaf crazy jet or TNT apx hopup/tight bore combo and possibly some heavier bbs.

Would you guys suggest one brand over the other and what weight would you typically run in this setup?

Currently a Stock GHK m4a1 fsb(14.5" barrel), shooting roughly 350 fps with .30 bbs. I use both green gas and propane.
Thanks in advance
Sounds like something isnt right with your gun, i own a GHK M4 CQBR and im consistently hitting out to 225ft with .36 bbs and the stock hop up.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Don't use GG...that is the last thing you want to introduce into the gas path - oil.

Hop-up packing and bb should be an oil free interface. Clean it and see if the bb spins better to give you more range.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Yes to Propane only.

What bb weight are you using now?

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
And you are only getting 30 yards...yeah there are some issues,...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK after taking it out a couple more times, I've got the gun dialed in around 25yards and can make man sized hits at 50yards fairly consistently.
However I've noticed that I cant get more than 26 rounds in a mag, I have 5 mags and all seem to be this way. I believe these are 40 rnd mags, have you guys got any suggestions?

I really appreciate everyone sharing they're knowledge and being patient.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
That really isn't very good.

I surmised you cleaned the barrel and packing with soap and what propane are you using?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts