Gbbr

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by WaikoloaAirsoft808, Aug 28, 2012.

1. WaikoloaAirsoft808

WaikoloaAirsoft808 New Member

Hello I am looking into getting a gbbr and wondering is any of you guys could help me out. I have about $500 for everything including the gun, around 2-4 extra mags, and bbs. If any of you guys on the forum could help me that would be great. I was thinking about the kwa lm4 or would any We gbbr be any good. Thanks

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Check out the KJW M4. They are a the best stock M4s out there.

3. WaikoloaAirsoft808

Ok I will and what do you think about WE

4. airsoftgunner14

airsoftgunner14 New Member

WE is alright. i hear KWA is some of the best from some but the worst from others so i guess you would have to investigate and decide if its right for you.

5. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    it depends on what WE rifle you get. the HK416 they make is by far the best GBBR m4 rifle WE has designed. I loved mine, never really had to bad of issues with the rifle (that werent my fault) and had no issues throwing upgrades into it.

the quality of the 416 vs there other m4 rifles is night and day.

now comparing it to other brands, with a KJW your left with a very unrealistic and mostly proprietary rifle.../mags..

with a G&P/WA your pretty much set, BUT they are a little more costly.

if your only after an m4/pdw base rifle, I would push you towards the we rifles.

I am also going to say avoid there scars, alot of people like them but there total junk.

6. WaikoloaAirsoft808

I was looking at the we pdw and it looks pretty good but should I get that or the new kwa akg-74m when it comes out. That ak looks nice

7. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    WE pdw's are very nice, but since i left the sport before all these GBB ak's, I have NO experience with them.

8. WaikoloaAirsoft808

Thanks I was looking into the pdw.

9. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    I personally, dislike WE. I have had multiple WE products. PDW, SCAR, and a m1911. all of which werent very good on the gas consumption and all had problems with leaky mags. I lubed my mags all the time and switched out the o-rings and they always leaked.
    The PDW was probably the best of the three. the PDWs mags leaked the least and it was the sturdiest. but after not so much time, the bolt wore itself out and the charging handle broke off, as did the fire selector
    As for the WE SCAR, it was a pretty good gun. the mags just leaked like crazy though.. and out of nowhere a metal piece broke from the lower reciever, and causes the gun to shoot uncontrolled bursts.
    And for the 1911, the thing was just JUNK!!... enough said!

So what I am saying is, put in the extra money for a GOOD gun instead of getting a junk gun with lots of mags. I HIGHLY recommend getting a g&p SR16 or a kwa LM4. I have also heard great things about their new ak47 gbb coming out....
    hoped I helped

10. WaikoloaAirsoft808

Thanks I was looking at the ak

11. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    if I was gonna buy any of the gbbrs I listed I would for sure go for the ak. I have seen reviews of the prototype and the guy reviewing it made it seem amazing. in the video it looks like its got a ton of kick

12. WaikoloaAirsoft808

Yeah it's similar to the lm4 but in an ak version

13. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    nice. just wondering, what I th price for the ak??

14. TAPairsoftjericho

TAPairsoftjericho New Member

Garden Grove
    If you were to get the WE pdw (or any WE m4) I would say get the co2 mags.

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Why go co2? Propane is much cheaper.

16. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Yea but we green gas mags fail all the time.... What I am trying to say is that there is less chance of failure in the co2 mags

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Reaseal them with silicone. Not hard.

18. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    Co2 is less affected by weather, and is more readily available, unless you use propane.

19. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    propane causes more wear. that is if you don't lube like crazy

20. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Ok but the OP is just getting into gbbrs and may not know/want to hassle with that...