Gear Help?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Speartron, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Speartron

Speartron New Member

Waldorf
    So first off, This will be for Christmas. I have a $400 limit for Christmas, with a max of $200 going toward gear (we have a field opening up soon). I am not trying to impersonate anyone military wise, so it will be a match of cheap gear because I am on a tight limit and need almost everything.... So Yeah, Here's what I have picked out:
    -OE TECH MPS
    And just pouches for it,
    -A pair of finger less hard knuckle gloves I saw at a surplus store near us (or some mechanix from them)
    -Lancer Tactical CA-201T
    -Mesh Half Face Mask
    -A tan dry fit shirt and industrial tan pants
    -A shemagh "she will make" :rolls eyes:
    -A military belt from who knows where
    -Possibly a hydration carrier
    ---Thats it---

My question is....
    What big thing am I missing? And what other cheap alternatives can/should I go with?

I want the MPS because I wont have to buy pouches and its cheap and I like the style and everyone says condor is terrible. But I cannot justify in my mind buying a $100+ vest, nor can my limits justify it.

Also, are boots REALLY that necessary? I did just fine in a pair of nikes last game or maybe its just that I didnt take an inpact as we didnt play that long. Again, I cannot justify expensive boots.
    Thanks
    Spear

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Stay AWAY FAR FAR AWAY from condor and LT Tac gear. Atleast get TMC or FLYYE if you can and some BDU's. Boots are really needed but helpful

3. Speartron

Speartron New Member

Waldorf
    I constantly hear stay away from condor.... But that's what our (and many other nears us) county police are supplied because of a contract deal with a 5.11 and Condor retailer not far from us. They seem to do just fine with it and my best friends father uses it when he goes to shoot on there field. Is it really that bad or is it like WE and just lemon upon lemon upon lemon?
    Stuff like Pantac and Flyye just seems to much of frivolous spending for me. Its not real steel and I as well as my mom have sewing skills if we need to fix it.

As for Lancer, the only bad I have heard was of there AEG's. Never heard of any issues with the goggles, Anyone have any experience with them? There suppose to be safety certified.
    As for boots, Mom said she saw a pair at Walmart :rolls eyes: That may be a little low quality for me... and my feet....
    Just imposing some questions.

4. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Condor is no good, do you want to spend more time sewing your rig than wearing it? Stay away from it! And LT Tac gear... It worse than condor...

5. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Yes,he's right.Get a flyye it will outlast you ten condor vests.

6. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Actually, I have had one Condor vest for about 2 years. No rips or defects. Just got a Condor chest rig, only because they were the only company with the style I liked, and that seems fine too.

Of course flyye gear will be better, it also costs 4x as much. I don't see the need to spend a small fortune on that kind of vest when all you will be stopping is little plastic balls.

7. Speartron

Speartron New Member

Waldorf
    Does anyone have an answer to my real question?
    Anything on the first part?
    Spear