gear questions.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by stroop66, Oct 14, 2012.

1. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I have a couple questions on gear color/brands.

Does coyote brown/tan go good with OD green?
    What's a good brand for vests? Not plate carriers
    And suggestions on what load out to replicate?and can u include what I need?

2. jaredb23

jaredb23 New Member

Janesville
    OD and tan would be fine together. And condor is my favorite brand for chest rigs.

3. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Coyote Brown and "Tan" go perfectly with OD.

Get pantac from http://www.airsoftsmith.com/ or flyye from http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php if you plan on getting anything besides real steel gear, TMC, or Toy Soldier.

What units do you like and are you willing to pump in hundreds, if not well over a thousand, of dollars?

4. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Alright thanks guys!

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    If you want the best of both worlds, you can get coyote tan. Down side is, that it's not as common as coyote brown.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    "Coyote Tan" doesn't designate a specific color. Different manufacturers use it to mean different things. LBT's "Coyote Tan," for instance, is pretty close to EI's Khaki where as BHI's Coyote Tan is darker and a bit more yellow. This goes for all shades of tans and the various names for them. When we talk about Coyote Brown and Khaki, we're generally referring to EI colors because it's a standard convention due to the popularity of EI gear and repro companies mimicking the color palatte. If you go outside of EI and the Chinese companies that imitate them, the names don't always match the shades of tan.

7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I'll take your word for that. I've seen it as a color choice when buying gear, but have never seen it with my own eyes. I just assumed it was a lighter variant of coyote brown.

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    See, that's the tough part, Coyote Brown isn't a specific color either. So for instance, LBT's two shades of tan are "Coyote Tan" and "Coyote Brown." but their Coyote Brown is a different color from EI's Coyote Brown. In their case, "Coyote Tan" is a lighter version of their Coyote Brown. Blackhawk, on the other hand, uses "Coyote Tan" to refer to their darker shade of tan/brown. Color names really don't mean anything going from one brand to the next. They're just arbitrary names made up and applied by the manufacturer. The rare exceptions are things like EI's Coyote Brown, which was developed by he Marines rather than EI themselves, with EI as the contracted company to make gear in that specific shade of brown.