Gear recommendations for tall guy

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Nano, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Nano

Nano New Member

Madison
    Hey all. New to airsoft and I'm looking for help finding BDU and tactical vest that will work for someone like myself that is tall. I'm 6'7" and I have a little extra weight on me, (not fat, just a bit of a spare tire that I'm working on) so I don't for a second believe all the 'one size fits most' stuff I see on a lot of gear. Unfortunately I don't really have a shop in my area to go try stuff on at. Any players out there that are bigger than average have any suggestions for me?

2. omegaic

omegaic Member Supporting Member

Do you know your sizes? Waist, chest and inseam?

3. Nano

Nano New Member

Madison
    Yeah, I know my measurements. The main concern I have is my inseam which is 35 inches and the fact that I'm 6'7" which makes me worry about how tactical vests are going to fit me.

4. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Okay...what are they?

It's hard to give good suggestions on vest types with just your height and inseam.

5. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Active Member

east moline
    As for a vest measure from your belly button to your collar bone and I can definitely help you with finding one.
    You could consider a chest rig as well. I find them to be way more useful in airsoft over a plate carrier. They breathe better and as long as you know what you want to carry you can just get one with dedicated pouches to hold everything you'd need and wouldn't have to worry about size.

Sent from my Pixel using Airsoft Society mobile app

6. Nano

Nano New Member

Madison
    I listed my inseam and not my waist measurements because finding pants in my waist size is easy, but finding some that don't look like high waters is a different story. I didnt list chest measurement because, as with pants, shirts/jackets/vests that fit me in terms of width isn't a problem, but finding one's that don't end at my belly button is a challenge. I think I just worded this whole thing really poorly. I am mainly just looking for gear that will be tall enough to fit well and not look silly. Sorry for the confusion.

7. Nano

Nano New Member

Madison
    Also, I'll get the belly button to collar bone measurement when I get home. Thanks everyone!

8. Nano

Nano New Member

Madison
    Just under 21 inches from belly button to collar bone. @Swoledaddy

9. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Active Member

east moline
    You would most likely have to pick up a large plate carrier. Most airsoft ones are going to be in a medium size. If I remember correctly Shooter CB has Flyye plate carriers in large though, if you don't mind ordering from China.

Do you feel you need a plate carrier or would you rather have a chest rig?

Sent from my Pixel using Airsoft Society mobile app

10. Nano

Nano New Member

Madison
    A chest rig would be fine as long as it sits correctly.