Gear!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by BetterPlayerr, Dec 26, 2012.

1. BetterPlayerr

BetterPlayerr New Member

hey guys imma new player and im lookin to have my first "official" game in the next week. i have the gimmes like guns bb's etc. but what kind of vest and communications should i get??? i have a scrappy comms setup and no vest at all.
    (also are extra mags NECESSARY?)

2. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Do you have a budget? Also, you might want to correct that spelling before a mod tells you to.

3. BetterPlayerr

BetterPlayerr New Member

yes a very lowww budget, my comms is just 20$ walkies with xbox headsets hooked up haha. and why do they care about spelling..?

4. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    If I where you I would wait an play a few games with just the essentials that you have to discover your play style and even if you like this sport before spending any money on a rig.

5. BetterPlayerr

BetterPlayerr New Member

yeah thats what i was thinkin. but me and my bud know for sure we'll be in it a while so we decided to jump right into it

6. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I would still wait if I were you. It sounds like you are on a rather tight budget, you should save up enough money to buy a quality rig from a company like Flyye at shootercbgear.com or Pantac at airsoftsmith.com .

7. The_Black_Knight

The_Black_Knight New Member

Schlabie, his spelling is just fine, his post is easily readable, there's no reason to be a prick about it.

OP, Comms aren't too important unless you have a team that you need to communicate with. the ones you have will probably be more than good enough. No, a vest isn't too important, if you aren't too heavy on your trigger, you should be able to make do with just one mag, and no vest, if need be, stick a container of BB's in a pants pocket and take it out into the field with you. You should do just fine with just the gun.

8. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I was simply informing him that a mod/admin will tell him about his grammar, I was trying to help him. If that makes me a prick, then you may want to actually figure out what that means before whining about me being one. If you want to discuss this further pm me, if not then good that rant could have been alot longer.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    BetterPlayerr,

You do need to improve your grammar and spelling. We enforce the basic rules of English here, including punctuation, capitalization, using real words ("imma" is definitely not a real word), and the like. Please clean it up before posting again.

The_Black_Knight,

If you're not familiar enough with our rules to see that BetterPlayerr's post falls outside of them, I invite you to review the rules again. You might also want to take a look around the boards to see what sorts of things are and aren't acceptable.

10. BetterPlayerr

BetterPlayerr New Member

spelling and grammar is such a silly thing to enforce as an airsoft forum

11. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Not really, if you can't spell correctly on a airsoft forum how do you expect to write a resume? Or write a college paper?

12. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Or get your questions answered, if we can't read it or understand it, we can't answer it. On this one Knief and I agree.

13. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    That post is EASILY legible.

14. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    His grammar wasn't perfect, but you'd have to be a brain dead ****** to be incapable of comprehending the OP. I'm sure Black Knight is quite familiar with the rules, it is simply a matter of rules v. logic. In this particular instance, I can clearly understand the OP, and there is no legitimate reason to enforce any grammar rules upon any of the posts in this thread.

15. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    BetterPlayerr, if I were you I would play some games to see what you need and what fits your style. If you are talking about extra hi-cap mags, then no I do not think they are necessary. I like to have 5 mid-caps on me. It is whatever suits your play-style. If you feel like you want better comms, then save up for a nice setup. Same with everything else. Now for a vest and tactical gear then I would reccomend saving up and getting something nice so that it will last but if you really don't play that often and don't care about the longevity of you gear then go ahead and spend it on whatever suits your budget.

16. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    imma imma imma belol

welcome to the world of airsoft.
    have fun call your hits and kill lots of people.

17. Broadway

Broadway New Member

I don't know what exactly you need, so here's a good website with reasonable prices and gear that will last you for a while:

www.ebairsoft.com

Other than the owners inability to speak English, I've had no problems with the site.