Gearbox making a scratching sound

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Rooney43, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Rooney43

Rooney43 New Member

Lake Ronkonkoma
    Alright I had a gear chip a while ago and I opened up the gearbox, cleaned everything off and wiped out the shell, and re-greased it and reassembled it all with a new gear set, but now I have another problem.

When I shoot it the motor makes a scratching sound but it's not the same as when the motor isn't in far enough, it sounds like either the motor is stripped or there's something in there making the gears scratch, but nothing is moving.

I tried tightening, loosening, and swapping out the motor for another, but nothing is helping. Could it have anything to do with the pistol grip? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Are you sure it's the motor? It could be your shimming, or motor height. That's what I'd start with checking first.

3. Rooney43

Rooney43 New Member

Lake Ronkonkoma
    I did check the shimming and I double checked the motor height and it won't go to the right height. It's only scratching and locking up. I have no idea what is going on with this thing.