Gearbox Noob ugh

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CajunAirsoft, Jul 18, 2012.

1. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I disassembled and then regreased my gearbox after I did that I attempted to put my anti reversal latch in. I failed to get that back in correctly ,but I then looked over and my trigger had come out now it goes in but dosent engage anything like before any ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    That post literally made no sense.

You have your trigger installed wrong in that picture though.

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Cajunairsoft, please use proper sentence structure. What you said made no sense at all. Please, try again.

4. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Sorry guys auto correct butchered that one . I know how to install my reversal latch ,but when I do either the latch pops out or the gear does. I just can get anything to go right now.

5. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Yeah those JG ARLs can be a PITA, I know mine was. I just got someone else to hold the ARL back with some pliers and then put the GB shell on, and once it was lined up they let go for the ARL with the pliers and it worked. Took a few tries though, and you may have to move the bevel gear back into position as the ARL will pop it out of place sometimes.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    What I do is use a powerful (compared to the norm) magnet then just place it under the anti reversal latch works like a charm.

7. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I will have to try that the latch just pops out the gear over and over. What about the trigger how do I install that not many vids show me how.

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Can't really help ya there, I haven't touched a trigger assembly lol.

9. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    When you install your ARL, don't put it upright. Stick it in the hole, and pull it towards you a bit. If you try and get it perfectly vertical, it's just going to pop out. Out of the dozens of GB's that I've been into, I've never not been able to get the ARL to stay in place, or feel the need to use a magnet. Just stick it in and pull it down towards you so it's sitting at an angle. Works like a charm.

This is the only pic that I have on my phone of a properly installed trigger.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  10. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Well my trigger will only fit in when I do this (I am pulling it down as far as I can in the pic.

Part of your problem is that part of your trigger is sticking out of your gearbox. The point labeled 1 on the pic is supposed to be in the gearbox that's why it won't work. How I usually put them in is mate point 2 up with the trigger shuttle. You can see that little finger is what pushes the shuttle forward, so it should be next to the shuttle. I use that as a pivot point and just roll the trigger into place.

[​IMG]

Update thanks guys I think I got it is this correct (I am pulling it down).

This just happens over and over. Sorry that guy I'm doing this alone and I'm putting it in and pulling it toward me and it just pops again and again.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  11. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Thanks for the help guys the gun is back together and the rate of fire is a good bit higher.

12. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Make sure to put the bearing race cover back on the bevel. You can't really shim the gear how it is in that picture...

13. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    For future reference what I do is put a dab if grease on the shaft of the arl. It'll hold it in place enough for you to put the gb together.

14. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I did get the bevel gear back on and in the end I had to do what thatguyoverthere said an use a second man and pliers.

15. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hey guys I got my gearbox closed and all as you can see earlier in this thread,but now it is open again. My trigger will not stay in. It clicks and all it just pops out everytime though. Do you guys have any tips or tricks on how to get it to stay, or have I broken something. The picture isn't me installing it I was just giving you guys a pic
    To go on.

Attached Files:

16. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    No, its just a joy of V2 gearboxes. The only tip I have is to push the long end of the spring INTO the GB a bit (not shown well in mysterie's pic), where the friction causes the end to stay in place and hopefully keep the rest of the spring down. But you need to just hold in the parts manually with your hand, while using your other hand to close the GB and hold in the spring.

I really get good use out of thin-nose vice-grip pliars and a big magnetic plate, they hold in my ARL, gears, trigger assembly, and spring/guide for those REALLY tricky builds, like the M190 I just installed.

17. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Okay I will try that. My ARL had always just
    Been a piece of crap. I do have a somewhat weird method I electrical tape it compressed. Then I close the gearbox and the tape Linda sucks so it pulls right out.

18. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Okay so is my tappot plate too far forward. It is seeming to push the shims off my sector gear.

Attached Files:

19. STATAirsoft

STATAirsoft New Member

Geneva
    Its ok Cajun, I always have the same problem with ACM gearboxes. I'll make a video tomorrow when I go to work. (Am Elite Action Sports' Airsmith) It'll show you what I do to overcome all of the problems you have been running into.

20. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Thanks I've done it before but my tappot plate is pushing off the bushing and the ARL is harder than I remembered. I got it close once but one bushing was out :(.