Gearbox over-rotation issue?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by xXTacoMcFacoXx, Oct 8, 2012.

1. xXTacoMcFacoXx

xXTacoMcFacoXx New Member

After replacing the stock cylinder, cylinder head, and air nozzle with SHS and Lonex parts as well as re-shimming and re-lubing the gearbox I have been having issues. After a cycle on semi-auto i noticed the air nozzle remains retracted into the gearbox slightly. Correct me if im wrong but i believe this is due to the internals continuing to move freely for too long after the cut-off lever has been engaged. I have no clue how to correct this besides maybe putting in a stronger spring and this problem is causing plenty of double feeds. Any ideas?

2. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

An ab MOSFET would do the trick! I have the same issue

3. xXTacoMcFacoXx

I was thinking that may have been what I needed. Thanks for the help!

4. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    It will only mask the issue, and in turn create a lot of motor heat.

Do it the proper way. Run a stiffer spring and SS a couple of teeth.

5. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    +1. Short stroke it to help avoid pre-engagement, and I'd personally correct the AOE as well. But those two usually go hand in hand.

6. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Is short stroking something that should be done on a DMR build?

7. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Nobody said anything about it being a DMR build.

What spring rate are you using?

What barrel length?

8. M40TURBO

M40TURBO New Member

Molde Norway
    I also have this problem with the over cycling, but only with a bore up cylinder. Not a standard type. Are you talking about a stiffer cutoff spring?
    It's not enough with one tooth on the piston and sector gear? I never thought about trying this. Might help me out with the problem..

9. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

No he's talking about a stronger main spring

10. M40TURBO

M40TURBO New Member

Molde Norway
    Ah. Ok. I have a prometheus MS120 and ics 3000 motor. Is that good enough? ics 551 lb mrs 458mm barrel.
    Hope xXTacoMcFacoXx gets his aeg sorted. I know how frustrating this problem is.. Sorry about borrowing the thread..

11. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Yeah sorry i should have included that in the main post. It has a 455mm tight bore in it with a type 0 cylinder and the stock spring. I believe it may be an m100. It was originally a cqb weapon. I am going to put a stronger spring in very soon.

12. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Well there's your problem.

Throw in a larger spring and you'll be good to go. If you already had an m160 in it, then it would be a different story...

13. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Alright thanks for all the help!

14. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Would an m120 or 130 be enough to eliminate the over-rotation? I would like to avoid anything higher than that.