Gearbox

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by bortzie15, Aug 24, 2012.

1. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yes its standard version 2 so most likely

3. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Will I have to do any modifications to my gun for it to fit? And also what version is in my gun right now. And one more thing mines the airsoft gi g4-a3 blowback but it's the G&G combat machine body. Would that effect anything

4. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

M4's use a V2 and long type motors so there your good. I don't think the blowback effects anything because I have the same gun. But I haven't tried to switch gearboxes

5. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Alright thanks and do you know how airsoft gi is like say I got it and it doesn't work would try let me return it?

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The gearbox should work for you. At least I previously had a DBoys gearbox in my G&G GR15 body, but again the GR15 is a non-blowback rifle.

It's a 50/50.
    If you get the gearbox day 1, and it doesn't fit AND you don't scratch or do any cosmetic damage to the gearbox then they SOMETIMES will allow you to return it, but they may charge you a re-stocking fee.
    Wit that said, before you order you want to make sure it's wired to the correct location you desire (back or front), and it's the correct version.

When I ran into this problem a few years, I found it was easier to modify the gearbox and the body to make it fit.
    The second time I ran into this problem, it was better to sell the gearbox on Classifieds and Craig's List
    Occurrence #3 it was easier to return the item and pay the small restocking fee and shipping.

7. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

It would be pretty simple, you'd just have to make sure the wires can reach your battery compartment.

8. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Well it has the crane stock so the battery's are In the stock do its a rear

9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Since it is a combat machine I recommend a new motor as well being that G&G's motors are utter crap.

10. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Yeah well my motor fried so I'm guessing that's the problem because my gun doesnt shoot. Would that effect the gearbox at all?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I'm not into gearbox I'm more of externals and internals outside of the gearbox do that is not a question for me.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Are you asking about the fried motor having any adverse effects on the gearbox internals?

13. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Yeah sorry I didn't stay that.

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, I'd open it up as it could have. Just open it up and give the gearbox a reshim and AOE correction. Check the condition of each part. Post pictures of each part of you want help deciding if it's fine.

15. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Haha that's funny because I had it apart and everything looked fine so I really don't feel like take it apart again and all that jazz! Sorry

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You should be fine then;).