General questions from beginner

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Loftin, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Loftin

Loftin New Member

Sonoita
    First post here, so bear with me. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    I'm almost totally new to this scene, I've played a few games on a small field a few years ago but nothing really since then.
    1. In mil-sim, is it expected that players use period appropriate gear in relation to the other players? Say, for example, that the majority of other players are using modern outfits, M4s, etc... would it be frowned upon if I used a lever action gun and Vietnam era clothing?
    2. How are mil-sim games set up? Is it something initiated by individuals and played on private property or are they generally hosted by a local airsoft field? If it's on the private end, how do I get into it?
    3. Lastly, if anyone knows anything about the mil-sim community in southern Arizona or has any information about it you think I might find helpful, feel free to share it.

Thanks!

Topshotz357 likes this.
  2. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    1. Depends on the milsim, but usually (99% for bigger ops) its very period specific. Remember Milsim is about realism and immersion, not like your normal pickup game.
    2. When you say milsim I'm assuming you're talking about things like milsim west, American Milsim, and so on. So yea they're made by big companies

Topshotz357 and Loftin like this.

3. Loftin

Loftin New Member

Sonoita
    Super helpful, thanks

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  5. Loftin

Loftin New Member

Sonoita
    Thanks! I was already familiar with all the results of that search, and it didn't really give me the sort of information I was looking for but I still appreciate the help.

Overwatch97 likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Have you tried local forums or perhaps a Southern AZ Airsoft group.

Being that is is a national board...not as many "local" people are on here as a local forum. Example the MAA has 3000 active facebook members. While active on the forum...there are maybe 3 of us from MN.

7. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    Answer 1 depends on the milsim some might let that slide others might grab you shake you and yell what's wrong with you man
    Answer 2 normally a milsim company/group sets up a event on or at a abandoned something or a paintball/airsoft field so to get into it you contact the milsim event company or group hosting the event you want to attend and read the rules buy what gear you may need and buy a ticket
    Answer 3 milsim isn't a thing that happens normally like a pickup game they happen all over the world at different places

Now my suggestions check out operation lionclaw and I would suggest to buy a AEG for a milsim at least