Get new helmet?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by sniperL36, Jul 25, 2012.

1. sniperL36

sniperL36 New Member

My helmet is for paintball, but I still use airsoft. Should I get the airsoft type of helmet?

Attached Files:

2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

No It should work fine. Lots of new and experienced players use paintball masks from Walmart just because try are cheap and they work. As long as it protects you then use your money on something else you want

3. sniperL36

sniperL36 New Member

Thank you once again for the tip

4. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

No problem I'm glad to help

5. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    I use a walmart mask now, and i now require all of my team to where one as well, and just because you where one don't let others that don't where them get to you. safety first man.

ForumRunner_20120725_115510.png

ForumRunner_20120725_115655.jpg

6. JTFox

JTFox New Member

I used to use a paintball mask, but it would fog up so much with the Florida weather i moved to using saftey glasses and a balaclava. Plus I can see better through my scope without it.
    Id love to wear a paintball mask because you get a much better level of protection.
    Some fields around here actually require it to play.

7. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    The fogging problem is a easy fix lol. Go to radio shack and get you a small CPU fan, small enuff to fit behind the visor, get a 9v battery plug and a 9v battery, your also going to need a small on/off switch. Also needed is some heat shrink, soldering iron, solder, and maybe some wire.

Place and mount the fan behind the visor to where its able to blow air through the vents above the goggles of the mask, and run the wires from it down one side of the mask on the inside, get the 9v plug and solder the positive to positive and negative to negative wires together. This will give you a hot feed now, meaning if you plug in the battery the fan will stay running. Now you'll need you put the switch where ever its comfortable for you, now take your two soldered ends and bend them into a v shape and slide a peace of heat shrink over the two sets of wires. Now solder the positive wires to the positive prong of the switch and do the same with the negative side, slide the pieces of heat shrink onto the soldered ends to cover the bare spots. Now when you mask starts to fog you push the button and watch it clear up. I'm sorry if this is a little confusing, but ill post pics when I do this to my one I just finished painting

8. JTFox

JTFox New Member

Thats a great idea! Ive seen helmets and goggles with fans in them but there expensive. But creating your own would be cheap and easy!

The only problem i see is that it can alter your hearing having a little fan buzz in your face, and hearing is important being a sniper.
    Plus its not comfortable having a full face mask on trying to peer through a scope.

If I was an assault guy, I would deff do this! I may do it to my paintball mask i dont use just to have one incase I swap positions at some point.

9. sniperL36

sniperL36 New Member

My helmet is anti-fog. It's kind of blury.

10. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    This little fan is quiet, and being wired this way you can turn it on and off as you need it, but a lot of times I for get its even on because its so quiet. Now the one I did with a ps2 slim fan sounded like you were in a hornets nest lol

11. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Over time it will start to fog

12. JTFox

JTFox New Member

Hm, well in that case ill deff look into applying that on my spare mask just for fun lol.

13. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    All right, cool deal