Getting first good gun?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by MattG1996, Aug 23, 2012.

1. MattG1996

MattG1996 New Member

My friend just spent a decent amount of money on a (Dboys?) green stock M16A4 plus an extra mag and 1000 BBs I don't wanna let him down but idk what I'm doing and wanna know if it's at least decent beginner level gun?

2. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    A link would be very helpful (there are many variants.) We want to give you the most accurate information.

3. MattG1996

MattG1996 New Member

http://www.airsoftstation.com/m1stgrstri.html
    This is the exact page he is buying it from. I'm not big on buying things online but he said itd be fine. And I did read the review but I'd rather know about the performance.

4. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Tell him to hold up on the order. That gun is not worth it for what he is paying, when he could spend $30 and get something so much better.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Oh christ a LPEG, no that gun would only be ok for backyard wars and similar things.

6. MattG1996

MattG1996 New Member

Ok. Thanks guys. Really helps

7. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
  8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Can't go wrong with a good old CYMA AK. :cool:

9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    And If you are really broke get a lancer tactical m4 for $95.

10. va3victus

va3victus New Member

Lancer tactical is alot better than people think full metal gearbox and high fps. I shiuld know this kid that plays at the local airsoft arena has one we chronoed it and it broke 390fps with. 20g and it has stock internals.

11. soviet

soviet New Member

See. High FPS isn't every thing you know. Like Range accuracy. Like TM has some of the best gun and there only 280 fps and can out range my AKS-74 which rough fully 380.

12. MattG1996

MattG1996 New Member

I that gun I told you guys my friend was getting me so I could start playing? He bought it anyways... So I'm thinking about getting a boneyard gun and swapping parts for better fps as this makes logical since in my mind. Can you do that? And does it have to be m16 parts with an m16 gun or can I use m4 parts as well? They are closely related right?

13. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Depends on the brand, but for the most part yes. That's something a lot of people do, but its best to have a good amount of gearbox knowledge under your belt..

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

No you cannot swap out parts. The dboys doesn't have a real gear box so their are no upgrades. When you get it don't even open the box and just sell it on ebay. You will get murdered with that gun. People might not even know that they are hit because of the fps.

15. MattG1996

MattG1996 New Member

Well I'm good with small mechanix like that just takes a couple books some reliable websites and YouTube haha. Hope it's worth it but I got the time to try.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

You cannot put different parts in that gun. Sell it and do not open the box. It is a lpeg so there are no other parts for it. If you some how put a stronger spring in the gun will break.

17. MattG1996

MattG1996 New Member

So stick with cyma and maybe lancer tactical? Time to go shopping haha.

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yes please, jg would be a better option than a lancer. Go cyma for ak's and m14's. Go JG for everything else.