Getting Matrix M4 zombie killer rps up without taking apart gearbox.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by evan2634, Oct 11, 2012.

1. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I don't really know how to take apart a gearbox, and I'm not really willing to try. Is there anyway to boost the rps under these conditions? How about replacing the motor, it comes with high torque but I don't know if it could handle high speed. Here's a link http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37181

2. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    hook a 14.8v lipo to it and watch it rip ... for the first 100 rounds until it's broken. Then you will still have to open your GB because parts will be shredded to pieces.
    Sarcasm aside, you need to make sure that your GB is tuned up pretty good (AoE and shimming at the very least) before you up your RoF. Hell, you need to do that to any gun for reliability purposes. Do some research and then come back

3. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Get a new motor.
    I prefer SHS High Torque and Lonex red which is the balanced motor. Ultimately, opening your gearbox and replacing the gears is probably the best way.
    Also, resolder to deans will help a bit too.

4. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    HivemindAirsoft.com sells the Lonex A1's for the lowest price on the market.

5. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Are they trustable? (20 catfish)

6. TheBlazinAsian

TheBlazinAsian New Member

Yes. Lonex Balanced Motors are very good. Just keep in mind that if you buy a High Speed Lonex motor, don't expect a very huge difference in RPS. Lonex seem to be more on the torquey side. My friend's G&P M120 seems faster than my friend's Lonex High Speed.

Deans are also great. I use deans in all of my Electric guns and they work so much better than tamiyas

7. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

How do replace tamiyas to deans?

8. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    I'd hope so considering I'm the owner;)

9. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

It says they increase power. Is that true?

10. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Where does it say that they increase power? I don't think that there is a way for a motor to "increase power".

Please explain.

11. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

No nevermind, I read that on airsoft megastore. They were probably bluffing. I was just comparing prices though.

12. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Oh well that explains it. Airsoft Megastore has nooooo idea of what they're talking about. They're even worse than Evike and GI, which is saying something.

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If you're referring to the old Lonex A3, then that motor wasn't their most successful one, it was barely any faster than an A2. You can't compare a G&P M120 to any of the Lonex neo motors anyway. A Lonex neo motor will pull an M150 spring on 10:1 gears, a G&P M120 will fry attempting the same. The Lonex A4 is very comparable to the G&P M120 though, both are high speed ferro motors, and it seems to have roughly the same speed.

14. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Um, I'm not really a good tech, so could you dumb that down lol

15. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Without opening your gearbox here are a few things you can do

- New motor
    - Switch to deans ( look on youtube if you are unsure how to )
    - Go with a 11.1 Lipo / 7.4 lipo or 9.6 NIHM

Sooner or later the gun WILL breakdown no matter what. Parts wear and tear and eventually break. It's up to you how soon. The 11.1 will break down the gun faster than the 7.4 / 9.6 but you won't get that amazing ROF you are probaly looking for.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  16. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I read the deans thread, and the guy only got 2 more rounds per second.

17. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

tl;dr: The Lonex A1 and A2 have ALOT of torque. If you want more torque you'll have to get a JG blue or something.

18. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Yeah, but for only $5 (or far less if you buy deans clones) in connectors it's a pretty good deal lol.