ghillie suits(Sorry im new and this is the place that best fit)

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by stealthmonkey13, May 11, 2010.

1. stealthmonkey13

stealthmonkey13 New Member

i apologise again if this is the wrong section. it seemed like the best place to put it.
    But anyways, so im the occasional airsoft sniper. And i wanted to get a ghillie. But i dont play enough to make a ghillie myself, so i decided to just buy a pre-made one. Does anyone know a good ghillie suit?(preferable the sniper BDU Style, The type with no jute on the chest and front of legs)
    Price doesn't really matter. Oh and i forgot to mention it has to have a net for vegetation, or some way of attaching it. Thanks!!! oh one more thing...Links are appreciated.

2. arsynik

arsynik New Member

You might want to try a ghillie pancho (not sure if that is the right term). I've seen them around. They just drape over your shoulders and cover your back. This way, you can wear a tactical vest underneath.

3. airsoftmaniac20613

airsoftmaniac20613 New Member

washington d.c
    i have a jacket like ghillie so it can be opened like what you are looking for or a full cover ghillie

this is the one i got
    Burlap Ghillie Suit Med-Lrg Size

4. AirsoftMARINE117

AirsoftMARINE117 New Member

Bradenton, Fl
    wow thats nice how big is that would it fit a 15-16 year old?

5. stealthmonkey13

stealthmonkey13 New Member

thats a pretty sweet looking ghillie! but i did some digging around and i found the right ghillie. and as a bonus it has arm loops and leg loops to keep the pants/jacket from riding up! its pretty sick! ill post a link if anyone wants it. its expensive though haha, good thing im making some good money from an after school job.
    Oh one last question, i play in areas with lots of plants and in the woods. would leafy green be better or woodland.
    P.S. This is a sick website!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. airsoftmaniac20613

airsoftmaniac20613 New Member

washington d.c
    i got the 3x its 5 dollars more but it also helps break up your outline im a size 38 pants and the 3x its way big but the string helps along with the elastic to keep it up and its awesome i guess the large for 65 (previous link post) would fit any one that can fit in pants size 32-38

7. Corpsman00

Corpsman00 New Member

is it more like pine trees or like maples and tht sort around where u play? i bought a woodland ghillie when i used to have a sniper (bought the wrong style ghillie) and i live around a mix of the trees (southeast) and woodland tends 2 be best around here

8. arsynik

arsynik New Member

I also live where there are lots of pines. I live in high alpine Colorado and the ghillie I use is more of the "desert" variety since the grass and such doesn't turn real green even in the middle of the summer. I did not buy a ghillie kit but instead butched a woodland ghillie and desert ghillie to make the perfect combination for where I live.

9. biophase

biophase New Member

There is only one commercially made ghillie suit that meets all your requirements but it's a synthetic. The BDU jute ones don't have any netting.

Lightweight Ghillie Sniper BDU Jacket - Ghillie Suit Clothing
    Lightweight Ghillie Sniper BDU Pants - Ghillie Suit Clothing

They are sort of pricey. If I were you, I would get a ghillie tracker poncho, cut it in half and glue it onto some BDUs with plumbers goop. You should be able to create this for around $125.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  10. Banshee

Banshee New Member

You need to tailor your ghillie to your needs depending on the environment on the particular day you are playing. Go buy cans of camo spraypaint. Throw your ghillie down next to the area that is alot like the area you are going to be going through. If the ghillie is too dark use the light colors (tan and light green) and lighten it up, if it's too light use your darker colors. The next week it might be completely different so you need to do that everytime you play. Once your done incorporate some local vegetation and your set. You will never find a ghillie that will always be perfect... that's your job. Camoflauge techniques are only as good as the person employing them. If you do a half-way job don't expect an outcome any better than what you do...