Ghk pdw

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Stupidsexymonster, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Stupidsexymonster

Stupidsexymonster New Member

San Francisco
    hey guys ,

i just picked up a GHK PDW. i wanted to see if any of you guys here have it too and if so what type of mods or accessories have you made or gotten? post pics, i'd like to get ideas for mine

i'm adding some stuff to mine , i'll post pics as soon as i'm done.

ALSO : i know that they say most WA style m4 gas mags will work , but do you guys who own the gun know what ones fit well and work well? i was thinking of getting the gas pmags but i'm not sure if the will A) fit and B) if the M4 bolt lock is removed from the mag will it still work.

2. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    I hear good things from this gun over the WE pdw. i would keep it simple and light weight.

put the money on the Prowin V2 magazines. I also hear good reviews from the G&P pmags. GHK co2 mags have good feedback too. stick to those 3, but prowin v2 are my pick personally.

3. Stupidsexymonster

San Francisco
    ohh snap , i will have to try them

here is my finished PDW

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  4. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Looks nice, not a fan of the rail guards. But its your gun!!

5. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 New Member

Saint Charles
    I've got a GHK PDW as well, pretty nice gun. Got mine in not super great shape, so I had to fix it up myself :p

If you want to upgrade it, I do believe there is a kit to give it an adjustable hop up if they still sell it lol

6. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    They dont have an adjustable hop up stock.... The things you learn.

7. Stupidsexymonster

San Francisco
    I head about that too, but the 2012 ver I picked actually comes with a adjustable hop up. I was super stoked when I found that out

The ghk mags that it comes with area bit wonky though. I got 4 mags at the same time as the gun. Only played once last weekend and today I tried to fill them with gas, 2 of them won't hold gass and leak super fast. I have never dropped them or anything . I'm not sure what's up

image-4121966059.jpg

image-1589737354.jpg

Here are some better pics

I'm not sure how I feel about this gun yet , shooting it is great and it's super small. But i have only taken it out to a game once this past weekend and it wasn't shooting straight . I contacted samoon , the people that sell ghk and they thought it might be the flash hider , maybe the bbs are hitting it on the way out. I can see why it might be that because the hole in the flash hider is just a bit bigger then the bb.

image-401842581.jpg

I don't think that though ,cuz its like .5" from the end of the inner barrel so why wouldn't it be going straight still ?

Anyways I think I'm going to put in one of those mad bull shark hop up bucking in anyways so yeah

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  8. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

I could just be that the gun is not very accurate in stock form. Try using heavier BBs first.

I just got mine from redwolf. So far it's a dream.
    I'll post pics later.

Also, I like the rifle; but you might want to rethink that optic set up. The riser looks a little out of place on such a small gun.

9. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Stupidsexymonster, please try not to multi-post, you can edit your posts.

10. Stupidsexymonster

San Francisco
    Ohh oops sorry I didn't see that I had done that my bad

11. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    I am sorry, but did I not make myself clear enough?

12. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Yeah, it is. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to work the hop system. XD
    I foresee some accuracy upgrades in the future (a TBB or a new hop up bucking). I'm currently getting about 120 ft. with no problem, but after that it just spins off into oblivion. I'm using .27s, by the way.

My field requires that as well. I just bypassed it by using and "Iron Face" face mask with some flackjacks. The combo stays much closer to your face than a big ol' paintball mask.

13. Stupidsexymonster

San Francisco
    Wait did I post the same thing 2 times ? Lol now I'm confused , sorry

was i posting the same post 2 times at the same time? if so then i think its an iphone app error , i was guna reply to this again asking what you meant then my phone connection crapped out and told me i couldn't make the same post 2 ties with in like 20 sec. i think thats what might be going on if i'm posting the same thing twice within like the same 20 sec

i come home to post this from a computer to make sure it didnt do it on the phone.

is this what you were referring to ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  14. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

He was saying that you shouldn't post 2 times in a row, like you just did. If you want to address 2 or more people, then fit it all into one post instead of making separate posts for each person\topic.

15. Stupidsexymonster

San Francisco
    are you using the plastic flash hider it came with or the pdw one it came with or a whole different flash hider?

when i was shooting i would see some shots go straight, and then some just off to the left or right.

edit: ohhhhhh! i see, i thought it was that i was posting the same thing 2 times in a row!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  16. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    take off your flash hider, see if it shoots straight. no? then its not the flash hider.

clean your barrel, hop-up rubber, dry off, then test fire. still not straight?

NOW, consider there is something wrong with your hop-up setup.

If your comfortable, take it apart and diagnose from there.

17. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

I'm using the metal one that came with it. No orange here. :cool:
    Currently, I'm just not getting range. Your problem seems to be different from mine. How far is yours able to shoot accurately?

I'm going to take apart my hop system today and figure out what the heck is the problem, if there is any with mine.

And yes, he was saying don't post 2 times in a row. Fit it all into one post.

18. Stupidsexymonster

San Francisco
    adas1223:
    yeah, I need to do all that , only problem is that I live in a city where there is nowhere i can go out and test shoot my airsoft guns, so i have to wait till i can get to a game. but yah, I now changed the flash hider to a super open M4 style one so for sure it wont hit cleaned out all the parts. i just gota wait till i can test it

swishy:

Mine is kinda shoots wonky , but some of the shots that do go where I want them too look to e about 80 or 70 feet maybe.