Ghost stories

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Kolt1911, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    There probably exists a thread for this but it is almost Halloween. What creepy stuff have you seen during your airsoft adventures? I don't believe in ghosts, but some things can't be explained. Since most airsoft takes place in deep woods/wilderness, or abandoned buildings, surely some of you have seen stuff that has creeped you out.

Last weekend my group did a sort of "FTX"/camping trip. I don't like calling it an FTX because that's kind of lame and all we did was show new guys formations and bounding elements of fire and explore a prospective AO. More importantly they learned to make cowboy coffee, cook food on a fire, purify water, and set up tents. We also discussed snakebite treatment (which consisted of keep it still, restrict bloodflow, get them to a hospital five minutes ago) and other assorted need-to-know stuff for going innawoods.

We were primitive camping but since we had to maintain some contact with the outside world, we walked up a trail to one of our member's houses to use his WiFi. I was heading back to camp alone around 0300 (like an idiot, don't walk alone and especially don't walk alone in the dark). To better capture the aesthetic here, I'm in M81 woodland BDUs, LC2/ALICE gear, jungle boots, and my PASGT helmet. I'm carrying a green CM032 M14 and a WE officer's model 1911. The weather is in the mid 50s with a light breeze. It is pitch black with cloud cover. No moon.

About 1/4 of the way down the trail back to camp, I see something white up ahead of me, what I thought was a T-shirt hanging in a tree that hadn't been there before. I get within 30 meters and notice it appears to be translucent. In a manner completely unlike me, I kept my cool and walked on. I get closer and see it is floating in the middle of the trail, suspended by nothing, not close enough to any trees or underbrush to be hung. I can make out that this is a torso, starting at about the mid thigh area and ending just below the neck and midway through the arms. Again, no moon, no stars, overcast. Darkest part of the night. The breeze is enough to make the trees rustle, but this thing is untouched. I walked on by and as soon as I stepped by it I got cold. It was chilly outside for my area, especially for this early on in the Fall, but I felt like I had stepped into a deep freeze. I press on and after another 40-50 meters look back down the trail to see it gone. I have never sprinted so fast in my life, especially with my M14 in hand and a five pound paperweight on my head.

My team now uses the buddy system at all times and it is mandatory to bring a flashlight wherever you go.

2. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    Whoops! I should have looked harder. Thanks man. I guess an admin can move this or delete it, no trouble.

3. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Don't sweat it. Not really an easy thread to find and hasn't been the most active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.