Glock 18 doesn't shoot

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Phylos, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Hey guy's,
    A friend lended me his ASG Glock 18 (metal frame, GBB, etc...).
    The problem is, it doesn't shoot... Well, it shot 2 times once, but then it blocked again.
    So what could it be???

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    it jams? or just doesnt shoot?
    if it jams, turn the hopup all the way off and if that doesnt fix it, get a new bucking and try that

3. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Well it seems it works again... Hmmm at once it started shooting again, full auto and everything. But I'm quite afraid for the big OP I'll attend this week end. There will be a tech, but it's not really cool spending half the time sitting on a bench while your gun is getting repaired...

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    its a secondary, that shouldnt bench you... take the whole thing down, clean everything, oil everything and just make sure its all smooth

5. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    yeah okay thanks for the advice :D

6. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Can you give more information on what exactly it was doing when it wasn't working? Your original post didn't really give us much to go by. Protections advice is spot on, but there could be more issues with it later on, in which case something will need to be replaced.

Clean everything great, get all the grease and grime out, then lube it with some 15 weight silicon oil and you should be good to go.