GODFATHER Airsoft (F---)

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by Savior, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savior

Savior New Member

Gotham
    Godfather Airsoft recently posted an item as a "Super Deal Item", dropping the price of the Double Eagle L96 from their price of $79.99 to $29.99 (This item retails for ~$130-140 on other sites, such as Airsoft GI.)

Item: http://www.godfatherairsoft.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4266&ID=447&yes=no

I thought this would be a pretty good chance to buy a loaner or gift item, as $30 for even just the scope and bipod in the DE M96 package would actually be a deal.

What I expected was this, the Double Eagle M59: (The only L96 model made under the DE brand, not counting clones by WELL, etc) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Eagl...Sniper-Rifle-Bipod-Ready-479FPS-/120875130884

I made a quick impulse buy, hoping to get my hands on one before it was out of stock. At the very worst, I thought I could probably resell this ($30 for a $100 rifle? Not a bad deal) or just keep it as a loaner.

Three days later, I received a tiny (~4ft long, 1ft wide) package in the mail.
    I thought "This can't possibly be it, its tiny and weighs less than a bottle of water!"

When I opened the package, I found to my utter horror, a "UKARMS P96".
    For those who don't know, this is a cheap clone of a clone of a clone, based on a bad photograph, made entirely of plastic and in 1/2 scale. (The stats on the box are all BS copied over from higher end models, it is not 1:1 scale and using high grade seamless bb's in this thing is like filling a garbage truck with premium gasoline.)

What I actually got was this: http://www.wildbillwholesale.com/ukarmsp96.html
    A hunk of plastic not worth $20.

Immediately my heart sank. I knew that $30 for a DE L96 was too good to be true, even as a "super deal item", but this was just an insult. This item couldn't even be called a toy. (I chrono'd it just for fun, but couldn't even get it to shoot with high grade .23,.25, or .28 bb's. I tried the crap bb's it came with and it shot at an average of ~50 FPS, when it shot at all.)
    The "Scope" and "Bypod" (Their words, not mine) are plastic pieces of garbage. The "Scope" is a hollow plastic tube and the "Bypod" is little more than a pair of plastic chopsticks that come warped and twisted.

I immediately contacted customer support, but could never get through to an actual person and have not heard back since at all.
    I then wrote a review on the item, hoping to dissuade other potential customers from being mislead into buying this falsely advertised POS.
    It was rejected immediately by them, which tells me that someone is actually intentionally misleading customers with this item. Also, the reviews on the site all corroborate that this item actually is a DE L96, which it most definitely is not, which leads me to suspect fake reviews are also rampant.

So, in summary:
    1. False advertising: Product received was most definitely not product advertised. (Advertised as DE L96, which implies the Double Eagle M96. Is actually the UKARMS P96, a piece of crap unfit for the title "airsoft gun".)
    2. Misleading "Sale" prices: Item was supposedly worth $79, reduced to $29 in this sale. A quick google search will tell you that the product received (UKARMS P96) retails at about $30 anyway.
    3. Misleading information on product description: The Product is listed as qualifying for "Free Shipping" ... It does not.
    4. Further misleading tactics: Item description never mentions statistics, and uses "weasel words" to mislead the costumer into thinking the item being sold is what is advertised. Claims this POS shoots at 350 FPS, which the real DE does. This shoots about as hard as you can throw bb's.
    5. Horrid customer service. Absolutely, unequivocally, unacceptable.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM GODFATHER AIRSOFT.

I should have done a little more research before making this impulse purchase; Godfather Airsoft also supremely overcharges for everything from bb's to green gas on their site.
    "This is a Huge special we are having we are letting this gun go for a very low price and they will go very very fast at this price.So please act fast to get in on this once in a lifetime deal."
    Fuggin B.S. Rot in hell, GodfatherAirsoft.

Moral of the story: If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Stick to Evike and Airsoft GI ladies and gents.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  2. Savior

Savior New Member

Gotham
    One review that particularly stands out as fake/Written by an employee:

"Reviewer: thai ngo from jersey city, NJ United States
    Well it's double eagle, internals obviously wouldn't be so great inner barrel isn't high quality, also plastic gearbox, I do believe the hop up is plastic, but HEY for $30 I can buy it for a base replace the internals get a 6.01mm tight bore barrel a one piece metal hop up and have a good sniper."

Putting aside that this POS is all plastic and isn't even made by DE, this gun is UNMODDABLE. It is all one solid piece of junk plastic. It has no recognizable hop-up unit, no inner barrel to replace (The barrel is literally just like a paper towel tube, in size and shape) and you will never find compatible internals, as no respectable airsoft manufacturer would carry parts for this 1/2 scale POS. It cannot even be taken apart. The barrel, stock, cheek rest, whatever, is all one solid piece of garbage quality plastic.

Everything wobbles, There are no screws, The "internals" are literally just a potmetal spring and a few plastic levers.

**** Godfather Airsoft and their false advertising/horrid Customer Service.
    This is one company that deserves to burn.

3. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Well thanks for sharing. Shame to hear about this sort of stuff

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Yeah kind of reminds me why we buy from better sites, has to happen to someone. Still I feel for you man sorry it had to happen to you.

5. Savior

Savior New Member

Gotham
    I know it's only ~$40, but it sucks being swindled like this by a site that misrepresents itself as a legitimate company.
    It really was my fault, I shouldn't have let my greed blind me and done a bit more research. Now that I have, I have found numerous "review" sites with undeniable fake positive reviews about the company, most likely written by employees.

It's disheartening that some people may actually believe Godfather airsoft to be a company of good repute and buy from them, which is why I hope as many people see this thread as possible.

6. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Thanks for the info, I'll never buy from them and spread the word. And I'll troll their customer service:D (jk unless they really deserve it)

7. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I do not doubt this at all. Being that I live near GF and have been in the store, this is not their worst. I've had experiences where my friend bought a flashlight and water to open the small white box before he bought it, just to see what it looked like. The guys said no and once he got his receipt he opened it and it was broken. They wouldn't let him return it

8. Savior

Savior New Member

Gotham
    Thanks, this news really needs to get around.
    I look at this incident as having spent $40 to learn a lesson for the whole Airsoft community. Businesses that use false advertising and misleading business practices like this really don't deserve to exist, and everyone should know. We need to spread the message and these con artists know they can't get away with things like this!

9. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Let's not get this thread locked, I want to bump it every 2 days or whatever so everybody can keep seeing it. If my old reviews on GF aren't locked I'll bump them too

10. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't false advertising illegal.

11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Yes, it sure is. I was just thinking that myself.

12. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Companies sadly get away with it all the time.

13. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    This is worse then the AMS scavenger hunt...

14. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

I wouldn't go as far as to say that... AMS cheated a lot more people out of a lot more money.

15. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Sorry about the double post, but I can't multi-quote on the app. Can't you contact the better business bureau about matters like this?

16. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I'm not a hundred and ten percent sure but don't you check off a box when purchasing something from these stores? They may have something that voids them of responsibility if they ship a different gun accidentally just saying someone may want to get a hold of those.

17. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

If you gave me your first name I could call and give an angry message to Godfather Airsoft on your behalf. Something like this... "Well my friend (your name here) ordered your l69 deal...". I enjoy finding out how good different customer service reps are. Some have been great at their job and have resolved all issues; others not so much.

18. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    This is true. But it's still pretty bad.

19. Savior

Savior New Member

Gotham
    The problem is, they used a lot of "weasel words" when describing the item.

http://www.godfatherairsoft.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4266&ID=447&yes=no

The only outright lie is that they are calling it a Double Eagle L96. I don't know who owns UKARMS, but with all the clones that DE makes, its not impossible that this may actually have come from a factory in China that also pumps out the actual DE's.

From their site:

Product Features:

* Airsoft Spring Powered Single Shot

True.
    * Push button clip (magazine) release
    True.
    * Solid strong core construction with durable plastic housing
    "Solid core" - They don't say its metal. "Durable Plastic" - Not saying it's ABS, just "Durable"
    * Extra long, one-piece barrel design for extreme accuracy
    "Extra long"? It's 2 feet long, but I guess that could be extra long to an ant.
    * Shoots at 350 FPS Shoots real fast
    It actually shoots at like 50 FPS, but hey, maybe it fires 350 FPS with .001g bb's. "Shoot's real fast" - compared to a 17th century musket, sure.

Do you see the problem?

Every one of the above is an "untruth", that could technically be true in some way.

They say all this ambiguous BS and leads you to assume you will be getting a Double Eagle L96 (They only make one branded under DE, which is pretty decent)

Then they send you a POS clone-of-a-clone that isn't worth $20 MSRP.

Seriously, **** businesses that use practices like these.

20. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    I'm choosing not to rant about GF like I usually do to avoid a thread lock. I concur with the others who suggested to bump this thread every so often. No Airsofter deserves to be cheated like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.