Goggles After Getting shot

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by NobleNik22, Aug 10, 2016.

1. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

So when I first got my Revision Desert Locust goggles I wanted to see that they could withstand a 360 fps shot, it did, i shot in total of about 10 bbs? is it still safe to use? Should I change the lenses?

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    As long as there is no visible damage like cracking or chips, then they should be fine to use. I took a 400fps full auto blast from 10-12 foot away in my Ess goggles last year and they are still holding up fine.

3. TC4Tay

TC4Tay Member Supporting Member

Richmond
    Any cracks or deformation the lens? if there are, I would change out the lens. For reference, Revision goggles are MIL-PRF-32432 rated, meaning they are rated to take impact from a .22 caliber round at 600ft/s, not that you should ever try that out.

4. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    That's pretty low speed for a .22 round... They usually go ~1500 fps if I remember correctly.

5. TC4Tay

Richmond
    From a gun yes, but at that speed they are trying to replicate a ricochet or fragmentation from a explosion. No goggle is going to survive a gun shot. Though technically it can withstand buck shot.

https://youtu.be/YjMQf1Axm34

6. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

There is a scratched, it doesn't dent in or even go inside. Its really small.

7. TC4Tay

Richmond
    Scratches are fine, you're good to go.

8. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

Thanks! You cured me of my eyes getting shot.