goggles

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by lovestosnipe, Sep 26, 2012.

1. lovestosnipe

lovestosnipe New Member

I've found a lot of full seal goggles on line that say they will fit over glasses does anyone have a set that they have used to give me an honest review

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

My arena flak Jak googles fit fine over my glasses. But, my glasses fog, so I'm going to mount a small computer fan on it.

My glasses are quite thin though:

Attached Files:

3. lovestosnipe

lovestosnipe New Member

Ok thanks I was looking at those online my glasses are about the same size as yours, not into the Clark Kent glasses. But thanks for the help did you get yours online or in a store.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    http://www.botachtactical.com/bolatgog.html

x500s from Bolle on a ridiculous sale at Botach. They're specifically designed to fit over glasses and they're excellent goggles. For the price, there's absolutely nothing better.

5. lovestosnipe

lovestosnipe New Member

I appreciate your time to post a link thanks man

6. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I feel a credit card sliding out of my wallet... Great find may I add.

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    No problem. They actually used to have the Bolle T-800s on sale ranging anywhere from $20-$13 for a couple of years. I was an idiot and only bought one pair, figuring I could always pick up another if I needed it. Bolle dropped the goggle (I've seen a prototype of the replacement and looks nice) and I'm SOL. I should have picked up three or four of them. The T-800s were some of the best goggles on the market and the airsoft clones aren't even in the same ball park.

8. DeltaSupportGunner

DeltaSupportGunner New Member

Yeah my flaks used to do that too but I went to a ski shop and bought anti fog fluid. Never fogged up again. And flaks are great for people who wear glasses.

9. HeavySupport314

HeavySupport314 New Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  10. lovestosnipe

lovestosnipe New Member

11. HeavySupport314

HeavySupport314 New Member

Wow glad I got that link right, my copy/paste is weird lately. ANYWAYS, they restock in 2-4 weeks. Longest weeks ever, it's a real pain to try and catch'em while there in stock. Bit they are WELL worth the wait, just look at how fast they fly out the door. They're highly top quality and saved my eyes more than I care to count, also be careful man there are some goggles that get pierced like paper. Buddy of mine got an eye patch that way.

12. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

Find some surplus ESS Land Ops on ebay, you can get sealed milsurp packages for $20 shipped. I wear oakley evades which are not exactly low-profile glasses and while the legs got squeezed a bit the goggles fit solid and didn't fog up on me during the day after I ripped the foam off.

Also remember middle school science. Fog forms when humidity condenses out of the air onto a surface colder than that same air, that's why anyone who lives in florida gets used to their glasses fogging up whenever they step outside of a cold building. Your car's defogger works by warming the glass up, not by blowing air across it. Same principle when your glasses are fogging up under the goggles, step off-field for a second and warm up your lenses. I was one of the only glasses wearers not blind for the entire first half of Twin Terrors, fans don't help when your lenses are cold and it's over 80% humidity.

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's not entirely true. Your car defogger works by blowing warm dry air across the glass, helping both to warm the glass and pull in the moisture. You definitely don't want lenses that are cooler than the air temperature (as a glasses wearer, I'm with that all the way), but even after your glasses and goggles have warmed up to match the ambient temperature, you can still get a lot of fogging because the air between the lens and your face is both warmer and more humid than the outside air. Fans help pull the hot wet air out (or push the cooler dryer air in, depending on how you have it set) and replace it with dry cool air.

Warming up your lenses will definitely help, but if you can pull out the humidity as well, all the better. Goggle defogging is one of those things where every small change you make improves results dramatically. Just using any one anti-fog solution will get you mediocre results. Use all of them and you'll almost never fog (humid 40 degree and 95 degree days being the main exceptions. There's not much you can do then).