goggles

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by AirForce1196, Nov 23, 2012.

1. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

What are some methods of making goggles perminitly fog free or even a couple hours fog free

2. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    Spit on the lens and rub it in. It will work for about 25-30 mins for me. That also what US Navy divers do. Or just anyone scuba diving... Lol

3. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

Ya I did that but it would start fogging in the middle of a match so I would do it again but then the ref would yell at me so I'm lookin for a more practical releif

4. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Try tooth past + spit or Cat crap.

5. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Get a spray bottle and mix 2 parts water to one part Johnson's baby shampoo in it. Spray on inside of lens then wipe out. That has worked well for several Marines I know....or just cat crap it.

6. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

Thank you and cat crap it??

7. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

I too would like to know what this means, two people have said it so far and I haven't the slightest clue what it means.

8. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    It's a brand of anti-fog...don't actually rub your cat's feces on your goggles, unless you're into that sort of thing.

9. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

10. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I love it when a company has a sense of humor.

[​IMG]

11. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

That is awesome, were is that stuff sold

12. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Sorry. I didn't mean to actually put cat crap on your goggles. There is actually a product called "Cat Crap". They sell it at many camping/outdoors and ski shops. I got some at REI. That is a popular store here in Atlanta.

You can also find it many places online.

13. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

I figured and would it be sold at a walmart

14. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    If Cat Crap were in a spray form, would it be Cat Pee? I'd buy it just for the name. Yes, I would actually be buying Cat Pee ._.

OP: I sprayed 409 on my goggles and wiped it off and it worked for a couple hours. It would be worth trying if you have some lying around.

15. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Actually, there is a spray bottle version. Unfortunately, they did not take the humor far enough to call if Cat Pee. It's still called Cat Crap. I tried to find it at Wal Mart. The one near my house does not carry it. Usually, it is found at more specialized outdoor stores. Maybe Dicks or Bass Pro Shops may carry it. I think you can probably also find it at Amazon but I haven't checked that recently.

16. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    what i do is the dishsoap trip you just put some dishsoap on both sides of the lense (not too much though) and your good to go. mine very rarely ever fog.

17. AirForce1196

AirForce1196 New Member

Thank you all for the input I hope it all works

18. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Basically, most antifogs use a form of glycerin as the active ingredient. That's why so many homemade solutions use soap. The plainer the soap the better. At some point anti-fog always breaks down though.

The only way to really be fog-proof is to remove the vapor and humidity from the goggles. I use a FANZ kit with dual 25mm fans to keep my goggles fog-free even in the worst conditions. I also use a Dye I4 mask, which has an enormous grill on top of the lens to let heat and vapor out. I have never got my I4 to fog up on me.