Good airsoft pistols under $200

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Woodlandairsofter05, Aug 25, 2021.

1. The aw custom vx7 or vx9 tm compatible? I’ve read that there we-tech clones.

2. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

AWC is WE's luxury brand. TM/KJW/VFC gas routers are curved type, so they will not work very well. KWA/WE mags work in my WE G19

3. Graybeard

Graybeard Member

Silver Spring
    I did buy one…..it shipped from PA….

4. Scott Treece

Scott Treece New Member

St. Louis
    Evening... just curious, does this KP13 you have for possible sale fit Glock holsters perhaps? I ask being it looks familiar in style.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Depending on the Holster, but yes it does.

Scott Treece likes this.
  6. Graybeard

Graybeard Member

Silver Spring
    If the frame of the SSP18 and the KP13 are the same size, than the Blackhawk g17 holster may be too small at the muzzle.

*edit* I have an old KCS Glock 19 and g18c that I bought the Blackhawk for. And my SSP18 did not fit. I have a WE G17 as well, but can’t remember if it fit into the Blackhawk.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    90% of the Airosft pistols that are 9mm replicas are not 9mm replica in dimensions.

This is due to everyone cloning the TM G17 back in the early 2000's. TM mocked that pistol up via pictures and not actually having one to measure dimensions from. Thus the specs are more G21 in dimensions.

Only KSC Glocks are "true" 1:1 replicas of a 9mm in this time period.

Today (last 3 years), the new releases (except for EF Glocks that are based on old designs) are true 1:1 in sizing.

8. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Chicago
    My 2 cents.. TM Hi-Capa 4.3 is your best option. Great stock performance, TM quality with limitless aftermarket compatibility and the plastic slide makes for incredible gas efficiency and snappy fire rate and kick. Milwaukee Custom Kydex makes hi-capa holsters, too if you want a perfect fit instead of a "universal" holster. Also, the 4.3 uses a slightly different design method for mounting the internals that makes the plastic slide more durable than the 5.1 models.
    There are other Tokyo Marui GBBPs I recommend, but the hi-capa will be most accessible. Other good options from TM include the Glock17 Gen 4, Glock19 gen 4, HK45 and FNX45.
    If you are looking for your first GBBP, though, KP13 non-select fire model is a good bet. You will have the basic features you want with decent construction and part quality and you can change the barrel and hop rubber if you see fit.
    An Army Armament hi-capa/2011 could be a decent cheaper option. It's another TM clone that has shown promising quality, but the guarantees of reliability, performance, and aftermarket compatibility still cannot be made as it is still a cheap clone. Buying a KJW would give me better peace of mind.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    aotsukisho likes this.
  9. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the blowback unit mounting, then yes it is superior mainly since the rear sight is smaller/lighter which reduces stress on the delicate rear of the slide where the firing pin normally would stick out. KJW's 5.1 slide using the same style rear sight is a design change I approve of. That being said...

I found out the hard way that KJW capas are nowhere near TM clones. Blowback unit, mag baseplate/valves, side plate, and nozzle valve if not the entire nozzle I found firsthand aren't compatible.

FYI you are able to drop in a 5.1 slide onto a 4.3 frame with zero issues, you can reuse most of the parts. You only really need to get a 5.1 outer barrel, rear sight, guide rod, and recoil spring. 4.3 guide rod bushing and inner barrel can be reused, although it is best to replace those with 5.1 length parts as well (112.5/113mm inner). I would also highly recommend shortstroking with at least two additional buffers to increase return to battery speed, and to disable slide lockback which will cause damage to the slide (which will disable slide lockback anyway).

Good advice though, wetpee

10. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Chicago
    Oh I meant more for overall quality. I've found KJW to be a nice package on its own, although not an accurate clone of the TM. Definitely go for other brands if you want some semblance of aftermarket compatibility. But if its not TM, just assume you will have to make modifications to fit TM spec parts.

aotsukisho likes this.
  11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Army Armament is very hit and miss...no grey areas. Their finishes are really good for a "budget" GBBP...however that is superficial and the underlying components need to be better.

1911 Mags are a hair off in TM spec, last set I got through wouldn't seat correctly.
    Fill valves leak, o-ring is rubber and it degrades quickly when bathed in Siloxanes (Silicone Oil)
    Plus their alloys are "low grade" a lot of snapping going on due to bad casting process.

There are many EMG pistols made by AA...the level of QC is much better on their units...just FYI.

wetpee likes this.
  12. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    I don’t think any EMG pistol is made by AA. Most are “AW”/WE with a few VFC/G&P models.

Granted, to confuse people even more, JAG has some licensed TTI guns that are AA oem.

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    wetpee likes this.
  14. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Chicago
    Are the VFCs not direct clones of these RIFs?

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Clones? They came from the same tooling...just slight configuration differences so you can use a AEG Mag in a SIG GBB

16. Graybeard

Graybeard Member

Silver Spring
    Like a Plymouth Voyager and a Dodge Caravan……