Good companies for gear and clothes

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by BeansOnToast, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    Whether that's plate carriers, pouches, or pants. I want your recommendations.

2. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Primarily Crye Precision, LBT, Ferro Concepts, Velocity Systems, TYR Tactical, First Spear for carriers/pouches

Pouches moreso than carriers: Eagle Industries, HSGI, ATS

Clothing: Crye Precision, UF Pro, Patagonia, Arcteryx, Outdoor Research, Beyond

This just a handful if companies I can think of off the top of my head and by no means is it all
    of them. It’s definitely the main names of the US market unless im missing a few.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    JHat likes this.

3. HourlyB

HourlyB Member

Boston
    Eagle Industries and LBT make issued stuff. The MBAV, RRV, 6094, etc. If you don't want to chance yourself on surplus or pay the high price of a new carrier/rig, Flyye makes very good (if heavy) repros, but you will be waiting a while since they ship out of HK.

For clothes, you will be paying out the nose, any way you slice it. Crye once, buy once is a saying for a reason. They last forever. Patagonia and Arcteryx are the same. However if you want a decent set of Cryes in any pattern or color you want, check out Roman Kurmaz. I have a set of his G3 pants in DCU and a set in M81 on the way, but he does a bunch of patterns; DNC, Rhodesian Brush, Flecktarn, Hidden Hentai. Just ask and he'll give you a estimate. My DCU's and M81's were about $170 each.

JHat likes this.
  4. JHat

JHat Active Member

Elk Grove
    Depends how Gucci you are willing to go.
    Plate carriers: My favorite is the Mayflower LPAAC
    Pouches: Esstac or Eagle Industries with kydex
    Pants: I don't have any Gucci pants, I really like my Carhartt relaxed fit ripstop cargos pants, Dickies FLEX Double Knee Pants or Vertx Phantom LT 2.0 pants

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021