Good CQB loadout: Shotgun or aeg?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by cdaryl, Sep 17, 2012.

1. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    So as i always play cqb. And i need the best loadout i can think of. So I just want to know is shotgun(multishot) better than an aeg? or the other way round? For both loadout, i'll have a pistol.

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Well, AEGs have the advantage of fully automatic fire and even if you only can shoot in semi-automatice mode, you still do not need to rack the slide every time, so yes, an AEG is always better.

3. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    AEG's hands down. While a shotgun can be used it's not as effective as a AEG would be.

4. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    In CQB situations depending on where you play the pistol will be even more effective then a shotgun or aeg. A good GBB pistol is more manerivable and easier to use in a close engagement distance. But if you really want go with the aeg, your way more accurate and can put more rounds down range then a shotgun.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    the only advantage shotguns have over AEGs is the fact that when you pull the trigger there's action, where as typical AEGs have to wind gears to complete a shot.

So if you're The Flash or have well above average reaction speed, shotguns are great. For most mere mortals, shotguns in airsoft are mostly there for that tacti-cool experience.

6. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    I rush everything I play. But why do people like using shotguns when most of you guys think aegs are better? Or should I get a shotgun and hang on my back?

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Because they're cool. The cocking sound is intimidating, they're often cheap. Gas shotguns have a very nice bang.

In short, tacti-cool-ness. Judo-chop!

8. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Plus sometimes its fun to see how many kills you can get when you're out gunned.

9. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    Oh... Should I get a shotgun and hang it on my back?

10. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    If you want you can... They arn't that exspensive. Not a bad idea to have just to mess around with either. It's fun using different weapons.

11. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    Yea... Inexpensive. Can get a multishot shotgun for 30 bucks. Good to live in hong kong. Airsoft guns are so cheap compared to the us.

12. DisasterAirsoft45

DisasterAirsoft45 New Member

I use an mp7 for cqb. Although my shotgun packs a punch it doesnt have the right amount of range i like to have.