Good gun for cqb

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Joshpeck, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Hey guys I saw that there is a cqb field opening close to where I live. What are some good ootb AEG's for cqb? I was thinking about the p90 an the m4 for a gun. Obviously I want the fps with a max of about 345. I don't want a one of those weird m4's with less than a 10.5'' barrel. My budget is a maximum of $250. I would like that to include attachments if there is room.

2. MammothMayhem

MammothMayhem New Member

Columbus

3. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

JG M4s will shoot a little too hot for that. I use a G&G CM. Wiring problems are a hassle, but can be fixed. After that though, its an amazing performer and shoots around 315~330fps with .2s.

4. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
  5. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    AK74u is always nice if you like AKs. It's competing for my next gun, with the SVD.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The P90 makes a great CQB weapon, the only downside is reloading and specialized mag pouches.
    The only P90 that fits in your preferences would be the Classic Army P90. The JG and Echo P90 have velocities approaching 400FPS. Classic Army is right around the range you want. The other P90 weapons on the market are either out of your price range, have high velocities, are are crap guns.

Also check out the CYMA or Galaxy MP5k, M4 pistol aka patriot, and other PDW weapons.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    So P-90, grab a box mag, and you can use the m4 mags that you already have (if you have).
    - downside with the box mag, is that it's only made for right handed shooters lol

Or.... The standard type P-90 mags become a bit cumbersome without mag pouches.

For M4's:
    Find a CQBR length/type m4. And you can do whatever you want from there lol xD sky's the limit.

8. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    I can't speak to other manufacturers P90's, but I have always loved my TM P90 for CQB. I did have issues with some of the high cap mags at first, but the replacements I got have been great. I got a drop leg mag pouch for the mags and don't find mag changes to be that bothersome. Personally, I never liked the look of adding the box mag for M4 mags.

9. KWAUSER

KWAUSER New Member

Fayetteville
  10. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Also guys what are some gbb's that would be nice in cqb? Was thinking about some sort of smg.

11. zexalm

zexalm New Member

Albuquque
    Any mp7 but the marui gbbr.

12. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Why not the marui? I've never had any issues with a marui. But I think somewhere on here is a classified for a tm aep mp7, and I can say its a great weapon. Last time I crono'd it shot 295 fps at 12 bbs with the crap 7.2 batteries

13. zexalm

zexalm New Member

Albuquque
    The new gas blow back one. I have only but problems. The AEP one is fantastic.

14. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    What issues have you had? I'm curious.

15. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I would like to know as well ;) lol

Mines is currently running perfectly fine :D lol. Love it lol.

But for all the people that buy TM guns and run green gas/propane. Yes it will break eventually.
    They're not made to run on green gas/propane lol xD

16. EOCteam6

EOCteam6 New Member

Get an ARES m4a1 cqb dark earth AEG they are great metal and polemer weapons and a great price. They have metal gears only real downside is the slight wobble on the stock that and it doesn't come with a battery.

17. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Does that shoot under 350 ootb?

18. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    ------------

Ok guys I have grown an interest in 2 guns, the aps uar and the classic army p90.
    Does anyone here own a CA p90?
    If you could tell me about the structural integrity of the gb that would be wonderful. If you could tell me about the gun that would be great as well.

19. TacticalChef

TacticalChef New Member

San Francisco
    my friend Arthur had a CA P90 and it was by far the worst non-big 5 AEG I have ever seen. weak ROF, only actually fired 1 out of every 3 times it cycled, mags fed like crap, cheap feeling body. Just terrible.

20. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I bet it was the crappy sportline models.