Good gun for newbie?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Hoorah, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hoorah

Hoorah New Member

Concordia,
    Hey guys, I'm just getting into Airsoft. I just wanna know if you guys think this is a good gun for a beginner. It's a Well R5 MP5A5 AEG. It's not overally expensive, and it got good reviews. The FPS is kinda weak, but I'm not going to be sniping with it. Do any of you own this gun? Is it a good starter gun?

Thanks a'million

http://http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-WELL-R5-MP5.htm

2. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Are you doing field or CQB?

3. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I wouldn't recommend it. Whats your budget?

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Maybe look into a JG or Cyma AEG? Will be alot better than what you linked.

5. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

Dont get JG unless its over $250, there low and mid price range guns are terrible quality internally and externally...

6. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

Check out G&G Armaments... Great quality and great prices... Check out there M4A1, Combat Machine, or Raider... Great guns for good prices...

7. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Don't listen to him. Jg m4s are a great beginner gun. The g36 is even better,and there internals are fine. The externals aren't great.

8. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah

Haha this guy is funny. OP don't listen to this guy. JGs are great Combat Machines suck.

9. CQB

CQB New Member

Let the trolling begin.

10. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

Ugh, im just saying alot of professionals and personal experience the JG is not the best company, but everyone has opinion so some of u hate G&G, i dont like JG... But G&G guns have really good internals and externals are made from amazing material... I havnt seen anyone take a hammer to a JG and it take like G&G guns do... So hate all u wont...

11. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    You not u.

Old G&Gs were fantastic but the new ones suck. G&Gs have bad internals, wiring, etc and great externals. JGs have great internals but have decent externals. JGs are a better upgrade platform than G&Gs.

12. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

Excuse, I didn't know we were judging peoples grammar. I'll be sure to be more careful next time. Pick what ever gun u want dude, it's personal opinion.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I prefer the jg mk36k as a entry level gun.

14. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    Well AS kinda has a rule to use proper grammar and spelling

15. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I've owned upwards of half a dozen or more Well R-5's (also sold as UTG, Crosman, Tactical Force, and a few others) over the last 6 or so years.

I've upgraded my share of them and they can be made to shine with a little work.

The biggest problem (other than getting to the gearbox) is the hop up unit, but a careful cleaning and deburring and a good bucking will make it quite functional. Once dialed in, you'll want to cover the adjustment bar with some tape to keep it from moving.

If you want to move up to a better brand, feel free, but the gun you have has potential.

Maybe not a diamond in the rough, but perhaps a nice Cubic Zirconia, lol.

16. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

Ok, thanks for the help...

17. Hoorah

Hoorah New Member

Concordia,
    Alrighty thanks for the replies. I'll look at some of the guns you guys mentioned and then see if they fit into my budget, and if they're what I want in a gun. Is there any good gun for around 100? Cause I rly don't want to spend alot.

18. Hoorah

Hoorah New Member

Concordia,
    Probably alittle of both.

19. Hoorah

Hoorah New Member

Concordia,
    Ok thanks you! That helps alot.

20. apocmadness

apocmadness New Member

No offence ut that companies horrible,im just like you starting off but when ilooked it up no review was over 3 stars.Crosman is a good brand with cheap and quite nice durability it has great guns for people on a budget :D
    I recommend the stinger p9t desert camo for a pistol 20 dollars and good durabilty and fps.Hope i helped :D