good high speed wiring

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by modeldemo, Oct 11, 2012.

1. modeldemo

modeldemo New Member

Old lyme
    what kind wiring is good for a mid 20s rof?

2. modeldemo

modeldemo New Member

Old lyme
    i also wanted to mention im looking to do this with a 9.6 or 10.8

3. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    Any 16 or 18 AWG silicon coated wiring will be fine.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You don't choose wiring thickness according to ROF, you choose according to how many amps the motor will draw. I suggest you read and watch ALOT more guides before attempting an upgrade on a gun, as you appear to have insufficient knowledge. I'm not being mean, i'm just being honest with you, to help you. Also learn how to edit your posts, it's very simply, you just push the "edit" button.

It's also impossible to help you with the tiny amount of information you've provided. If you explain what gun it is, if it's completely stock or not, and exactly what performance you want to achieve, it will be alot easier to help you.

5. modeldemo

modeldemo New Member

Old lyme
    ok, its a stock gr 16 with a ics turbo and im trying to boost the rof but nothings happening. sorry for the lack of information.

6. Lefse

If you want some serious speed out of it, you should overhaul the gearbox, install 16AWG or 14AWG wiring, install a mosfet and use a high discharge 11.1v li-po. Don't bother with those obsolete ni-mh batteries. What's the ROF with a 9,6v ni-mh, and what spring is in it?

7. modeldemo

modeldemo New Member

Old lyme
    right now its about 15-17 with a 9.6, i dont want to make it too fast due to some fields are having a limit of -30 bps and its maybe a m110

8. Lefse

It will probably be in the 20-25rps area with an 11.1v li-po then. You can safely go up to 35ish with an M110 spring if you swisschesse the piston, so you won't have a problem there.