Good hop up gun.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by deathbringer, Jul 18, 2012.

1. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

I'm looking for advice on a good hop up gun. All ive ever used is gravity drop down hoppers. I want a hop up gun now. Any suggestions?

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    What do you mean by "hop up gun"?

3. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

One that uses a mag from the bottom.

4. Devgru98

Polo
    What's your price range? You need to give details so we can help you

5. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

Lets go 250 bucks. I'm looking for one with some good range. Weighs a decent amount. Unlike most people I cant use things too light.

6. Devgru98

Polo
    Thanks, Shifty. Look into a JG and since you used hopper fed guns get a good Molle rig.

7. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

Thanks ill see what I can dig up.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    A JG? For $200? I think not.
    What model do you wish your gun to be?

9. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

Ive already found a Jg and ive got it ordered. I gave him a budget. Not all of what i was willing to spend.

10. Devgru98

Polo
    What's your entire budget?

11. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

My whole budget is 745. I like to be prepared.

12. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Dang you could have gone for a very high quality gun like G&P or VFC. JG is good for the money but if you can get better than you should.

13. Devgru98

Polo
    You should have done more research.. A LOT more. There's better brands like VFC, G&P, G&G top tech, ect. You could have got a G&P or VFC, TM sidearm, and still have money for a pantac rig..

And, also I meant with a battery charger BB's ect. Not for one gun. I had no idea his budget was over $700

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  14. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Wow that sucks. You should have done more research.

15. 703

703 Active Member

^ How does it suck ? He baught a good quality starter gun and it should work for him just fine. Just because he didn't buy a G&P or VFC doesn't mean it sucks. Yes I agree he should have done more reasearch but we gotta look at the bright side.

May I ask what JG gun you got ?

Unlike the gun (even though you should have ) REASEARCH before you jump straight into buying gear. Think about the loadout you will want. With your budget I would suggest sticking to higher end gear like pantac/flyee/EI...

Make sure to get high quality eyey protection as well. (ESS,rivisions,flakjaks,bolle)

Also get a good quality 9.6v battery & smart charger. Or go with a lipo & balance charger.

.25 BBs would be your best bet. Stay away from crossmans

16. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    You were the one to spit out the most common parrot line in the Airsoft Society community. "Go buy a JG." You are the one who should be reprimanded. If you are going to help someone, make a commitment instead of posting some half-assed comments like this.
    He bought a JG solely off your recommendation.

@deathbringer
    Just a word of warning, it is always good to get 2-3 different recommendations before committing to a product. There are people here who will recommend/bash a product just from what everyone else is saying.
    Luckily you picked a good brand. JG makes many solid platforms so you probably got a good one. It will most definitely be better than any hopper-fed replica. If you have any other questions, post them here and we will be more than happy to help you.

17. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I was just saying because he could have gotten something much better. I didn't mean that the gun sucked.

18. Devgru98

Polo
    I was not aware of his full budget at the time I stated that....

19. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    At that time, you knew his budget was $250. He had many more options than JG. By replying to his thread, you entered into an unspoken contract to help the original poster by providing him with accurate information and every option he had available.
    You did not provide him with an adequate amount of information. If you are not able to post more than "Buy a JG," then you should not be posting at all. Take a few months to read and become knowledgeable on the subject. Then, and only then, you can provide new members with the adequate amount information they need when buying their first gun.
    Devgru: If you are confused about the topic at hand, feel free to PM me. I will be happy to help you.