Good long ranged rifle?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Spetsnaz28, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

Good gearbox airsoft sniper? I would like it under 100 dollars. I found one at 80$ but it was sold out and another at 70$ but it didn't come with a scope or sling. I would like a starter scope and sling for my first sniper.

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    At those prices, nothing exists. Such rifles need to be built, not bought.

3. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

Well, I have the link. It is durable. According to customer reviews 4.5/5

4. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Post the link, but as a sniper rifle builder, I can tell you it is not possible.

5. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

Ah, now I see it is not gearbox but durable plastic.

6. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Only AEGs have gearboxes.

7. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    :confused

Do you want a spring sniper rifle or an AEG? Also don't buy any electric gun under $100 (unless its a used JG or simlar quality) because most likely it will break within 3 months, and when it works it will be way outperformed by higher end guns like JG, G&G, Lancer Tactical, etc. To make an AEG into a "sniper", (more commonly called a DMR) takes money, time, and work in high amounts, nothing anywhere close to $80. For spring sniper rifles, the situation is the same. Time, money, and work to make it outrange and outperform your run of the mill AEG. in your case, I would look in the classifieds section of this site for something in your budget, and report back here if you find something you like and I and other people will tell you if it's worthwhile. Or save about $40-$50 more and get a new JG or G&G

8. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

AEG's? Sorry, I have only JUST heard of gearbox, after breaking previous others.

9. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

I do not want an automatic sniper.

10. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Automatic Electric Gun. The only type of airsoft gun to use a gearbox.

11. 703

703 Active Member

Are you looking for a spring sniper rifle or a AEG to convert into a DMR ?

Sniping in airsoft isn't like sniping in a video game. I would highly suggest you get a regular AEG if you are just starting out. At your price range you can't really buy anything that is worth getting.

12. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

I do not play sniper video games. I do hunt with real ones, but I prefer rifles above all.

13. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Read the links I posted above and only then make the decision.

14. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    So you want a bolt action then...?

15. 703

703 Active Member

Save your money then. A effective sniper rifle for airsoft will cost you...
    most entry level sniper rifles have the same range of AEG's & AEG's have full auto & etc...

16. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

I understand it now. I just wanted a rifle under 575 FPS. I usually look on high quality sites and see ones around 600FPS or JUST above. The place I would use it for requires a 575 FPS limit. I just wondered if under 100$ would get me in the 575 FPS range.

17. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

Yes I would want a bolt action one. I do like the authenticity of it.

18. 703

703 Active Member

For the future there is a EDIT button so you don't have to double post. If you are on a computer here is a picture of where it's at
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  19. Spetsnaz28

Spetsnaz28 New Member

I don't understand the whole limit thing. It's a course where any AEG must be 375FPS and snipers have to be 575FPS. You also cannot engage under 50 ft with a sniper. I think it is because of safety reasons avoiding lawsuit. Thanks for the tip. Still new to this forum. I do have the mobile app so it took me a while to find the edit.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012