Good/not too expensive eye/face protection

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by jon_wallace95, Dec 17, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Need help guys, my mom is freaking out that I only have one pair of safety glasses my brother and I share, they are the standard ones they give with the gun, and she won't let us play till I get another pair, which ones would you recommend? They don't have to be top of the line anti fog an all of that, they just have to be able to hold up to a field aeg

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Okay, first off, your mother is completely justified. Not only is it incredibly stupid that only one of you has eye pro, but those glasses that come with guns are BAD. Go look into Boogie Regulators, Revision Desert Locusts or exoshields, ESS Profiles, anything along those lines. You can get all of these at airsofting retailers and will actually provide adequate protection.

3. jon_wallace95

Well we don't both play with only one with eye pro, we switch off games

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    You only get one set of eyes, ever.

Don't skimp on the eye-pro.

Get two sets of full seal ANSI rated goggles or stamped steel mesh goggles and toss those cheap "freebies" in the dumpster.
    Any set you find at an airsoft specific site or store will work.
    So will paintball masks.

5. jon_wallace95

So even those $6 ones from asgi will work?

6. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Generally, those really cheap ones are the same as the crap that comes with guns. Go look at the full-seal eye protection section on ASGI. As Sparky said, you only get one pair of eyes.

7. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    No, because they are not full seal, (that means there is foam or rubber all the way around your eyes).

You always want full seal goggles/masks to prevent BBs from entering from the side or ricochetting from behind.

They may fog up unmercifully, but they will protect your eyes, and that's the important part.

Anything on this page will work:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=548_542_543

8. jon_wallace95

Alright, I'll look at those, but I can't afford really expensive ones, I'm at about $75-$80 and my budget is about $100

9. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

You can get used ESS Profiles for ~$25 or less off eBay. Buy some for your brother as well for a christmas gift (it's whatI would do).

10. jon_wallace95

Well mine are in my $100 something Xmas budget, and his are going in his budget

11. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Oic, my bad I misunderstood your post. But still, I have seen them go for $17 as well I just didn't want to get yelled at because I "lied" and there were no cheap ones.

12. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I just got 2 new pairs of Ess Profiles on EBay for $27 each. Cheap an good eyepro is out there.

Also look at arena Flakjaks. I just saw a pair on EBay for $17 new.

13. jon_wallace95

I got some save phace full seals