Good or Bad buy? Boyi D-Boys Scar-H

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by GoldHawk_Airsoft, Nov 1, 2012.

1. GoldHawk_Airsoft

GoldHawk_Airsoft New Member

One of my team members wants this gun really badly. He just doesnt know if it's good or bad. Does anyone have any ideas? When you reply, please let me know if you had the gun, or where you got your knowledge.

image-327675302.jpg

2. SonicDeathMonkey

SonicDeathMonkey New Member

Woodbury Heights
    First off, your pic is a SCAR-L and the topic states SCAR-H. My comments are related to the topic...

I had one, briefly. It's not a BAD gun. The externals are ok; sites are a little sloppy, pot metal body, plastic stock left a little to be desired.... the stock butt plate is pretty shoddy, and it's the battery compartment as well. I've seen a lot of guys put a piece of duct tape around the stock to keep the retaining pin from coming out. Mine chrono'd at 390fps right out of the box. Overall, I liked it and it was kinda cool having a gun that wasn't what everyone else had. It performed well enough for an entry level AEG.

While it was an ok gun for the price, I sold it and went with a JG M4 because VFC/Echo1/Dboys compatible SCAR-H magazines are grossly expensive. I bought a box of 10 M4 Elite Force polymer mid cap magazines for 2/3 the price of 3 SCAR-H metal mid caps. Also, the SCAR-H has a unique hop up and nozzle (and probably a few other odds and ends). If it wasn't my only AEG, I would have kept it as a project gun or a nice second gun. Since I only have a budget for a single AEG in the gun case, I sold it to fund the cheaper-to-maintain M4.

Now, if you're talking about a SCAR-L then it's a slightly different ball game. You can use M4 mags, which (as stated above) are a fraction of the cost of SCAR-H mags. You're still in the ballpark of unique parts, but you'll be able to buy a box mags without having to sell a kidney to fund them. If you're an M4 owner, then you're probably all set with mags already.

3. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Sorry about my title being inaccurate. So the gun in the picture which is a SCAR-L is compatable with M4 Mags? And it is also an exceptional gun? Thank you for your feedback by the way.

4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Can we have a link to said gun, please?

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/echo1-scar-h-mk17-23951/

the folding stock mounts can't handle abuse. i ended up bolting it permanently closed. since i work on it, the selector gears are a PITA. it shoots fine and mags are not that expensive if ordering from chinese websites (sr 25 mags are compatible). since they hold ~500 rnds, you don't need that many mags.

battery space is limited. we use 7.4v 25c 1800mah. 390fps/18rps.

we still bring it along as a backup for friends guns that break down.

6. GoldHawk_Airsoft

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    someone is confused about the L and H models...

8. GoldHawk_Airsoft

I realized that it was a scar-L after i posted it