Good starter gun

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by bob19922, Aug 3, 2012.

1. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

For that price he could just get a CYMA cm035 which is much better.

It would really be helpful if we knew what gun model he wanted.

2. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

I wouldnt say "much better." Between the 2 it would be a matter of personal preference... But definitely 2 great options for aks for the $100 price range.

The only thing we have to work with is his price range which is under $200...

Also my king arms ultra grade was my first gun and it was ok but its comparable to a combat machine (i actually like combat machines alot more) which is a decent amount cheaper... (More money for upgrades!!) if an m4 is what he is looking for (more options for externals!!)

3. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Any CYMA over CM028 is good, but anything over 28 has MUCH better externals and internals. At least my CM035 has steel/potmetal!

4. mikenike

mikenike Member

The ICS Sportline is nice =(

It has proline internals with a downgraded motor.

The body is decent.

Buy a metal body for $40-70 more and you're good-to-go.

5. cupcake5157

cupcake5157 New Member

Corvallis
    Get a tokyo marui. Buy once cry once.

6. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    See, he has a budget, and tokyo marui is out of his budget. Why don't you go recommend TM somewhere else?

7. Jrod

Jrod New Member

Sunnyvale
    Matrix x36c 400fps version. Comes with torque motor and fires .30g no problem. $140

8. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

No. Didn't someone say sometime that they got a DE G36 from buying this rifle? I would get a JG if he was to get a G36 series anything.

9. dazza

dazza New Member

I would reccomend a rear wired m4 from src. Jg, ics and a g and g ( combat machines are brilliant for begginers, they're cheap reliable and upgradeable) these are the best options, they all include batteries and chargers. I didnt mention classic army because i have had bad times with them.

10. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    Like jelly said, go with ICS sportsline. There plastic isn't utter crap as thatoneguy came across. I personally own 2:

ICS m4 s system

image-3110168590.jpg

ICS cxp

image-2879866436.jpg

11. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Whoa. I sure got jumped on. I like ICS, just I would prefer a combat machine over it.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    Yes combat machine is a great gun, but there are many cons to it. Don't get me wrong ICS has cons too but ICS has forward assist and a split gearbox making it easy to get into it and uprgade.

13. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    KWA, G&P, VFC are all great brands but not exactly brands to start out with. Try starting with good brands like Echo1, CYMA, JG, ICS, etc. Try to spend over $150 and you should be fine.

14. Jrod

Jrod New Member

Sunnyvale
    I actualy have the matrix and jg g36s and yes the 400 fps matrix version does fire .3g bbs very accurately. It's the same price as the jg, but WAY better.

15. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I HATE Matrix.............

16. bal1

bal1 New Member

Go to commandairsofttechnologies.com
    They sell ics very cheap and very high quality.

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    The Matrix G36 is just a JG G36 rebranded...