Got a SRC AK74u Is greengas the way to go?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by BmoChop, Dec 26, 2012.

1. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    My first time into airsoft I use to be real big into paintball about 5years ago ,but then I grew up now I want to get back into some action sports so I am trying airsoft. I got a AK74u people been telling me green gas is the best to use,but I also heard green gas can damage the gun any takes or opinions on what is right and wrong?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Wait, what would you use instead?

3. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    Well I am going with green gas ,but I heard it can mess up guns so is there an alternative that I can go with that wont mess up my gun? Or is that a myth green gas is actually good for your gun and wont do any harm to it.

4. Springfield

Springfield New Member

Ludlow
    I think someone misled you or you heard them wrong. Green gas is what your gun is supposed to use as shown by this evike listing. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=22&products_id=33722 It is the standard for all gbb guns and is recommended by the manufacturers. They may have meant to say that propane may damage your gun, but you can use it as long as you maintain your gun (cleaning and lube).

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    Oh ok thanks maybe I did misread ,so im guessing Evike is a good company to shop from whenever you need anything? Are there any other sites you recommend?

6. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    So I am thinking about getting into airsoft because it is just as fun as paintball more realistic guns. Everything is so cheap compared to paintball!

7. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Heh heh that's what everyone says at first.

8. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    You sure the most expensive gun I seen so far was about $600.
    I remember when I paintballed I spent $1400 on my marker+$150 for my hopper+$200 for my nitro tank+$400 on my gear maybe a little more on top of that I would shoot a case or 2 a weekend and a case of paint went for $60. Its probably more now:eek:

How much do you end up spending a weekend? Oh and on top of that there is entry fee on the field which was like additional $30 or so.

9. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    So im looking up green gas ,but there are alot of brands to choose one which one is the best? Also there is green gas with silicon oil...What does that do lube your gun while your shooting it?

10. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Yeah pretty much....it's green gas, I don't really think one's brand is better than another.

11. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    Wow the big heavy gunners are pretty expensive at $2200 Holy ****!
    With my budget at $600 ill still have a good time right?

12. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Oh yeah no problem, just saying, it can get pricey.

13. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    How much have you spent so far and how long have you been playing tell me eveything you got and how much each thing was. Lol just curious on what im getting myself into. I played a couple times around my neighborhood when I was 16 with cheap walmart guns and that was fun we cant do it no more because the cops got involved last time.

14. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    As a beginner, I wouldn't recommend a GBBR right on entry, I would have gone with an AEG, but I think you made a pretty good purchase. Just remember if/when it has problems, GBBRs are/can be finicky, it's just the nature of the beast. Remember to clean and relube after heavy usage, and make sure the all the seals (or o-rings) are well oiled. (otherwise it will leak gas like crazy.)

Also, are you really in Afghan?

15. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Yes you will still definetly have a good time with a $600 budget you can easily get all the most high end guns. I use a slightly upped jg m4 ($130 gun with only a new hop-up and barrel) and I don't feel significantly outgunned by higher end stuff like kwa or vfc.

16. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Honestly with $600, I'd use $200 on gear $300 on a gun and $100 on batteries, charger, magazines, etc.

17. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton

No my location saids "compton afghan kush" I was just putting random **** down on my info I am about 30min. away from garland im in Irving to be exact, where do you play? Yes I like to up keep on my guns my real rifle is in very good condition and whenever I use to paintball I would always clean and lube up everytime I came back from the field.

What is AEG? Electric gun?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  18. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Nice! I play at FAA, I'm trying to make it out there this Saturday for the swap-meet.

AEG = Airsoft Electric Gun.

19. BmoChop

BmoChop New Member

Compton
    So at FAA is it like n00bies go play with them selves and then there is advanced walk ons which is like the people that already know how to play or is it all just one big *** group plays scenario together?

20. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Basically, you have one group.

Teams are made based on each scenario you play.
    For the budget you have, you could get something really nice. Are you interested in upgrading at all?

Welcome to the world of airsoft by the way. :)