Great Secondary

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by RHoff304, Dec 29, 2012.

1. RHoff304

RHoff304 New Member

I currently own a M14. I am looking for a good secondary. What is the difference between a blow back and a CO2 pistol? Should I get a pistol or a shotgun? Price range $25 - $110. I want something that is well worth the money spent.

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Gas and co2 are the power source for pistols. Blow bak means the slide moves and give the gun kick and more realistic feel. Non blow bak means it just shoots and no movement.
    Elite force 1911 is one of the best co2 pistols on the market and it's blowback.
    Kwa, ksc and tm make the best gas pistols on the market. Kwa and ksc glocks have an available co2 magazine as well.
    If you was a green gas pistol but a kwa or tm if you want co2 get an elite force 1911.
    Is your m14 a DMR? Can you go full auto where you play? The mac11 is a nice full auto secondary as well if you can do that
    Shottguns are nice but you have to draw them or sling them. They take up a lot of room and to me are cqb primary only. Personal choice, I've seen people be able to holster a shotgun and draw it as fast as I do my pistol so it's to each their own

3. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Assuming you are using your M14 as a DMR I would not get a shotgun. There are a few types of pistols. There's is CO2 Blowback and Non-Blowback as well as Gas Blowback and Non-Blowback. Gas would probably be the more preferable option. Are there any specific models of pistols you like?

4. Napple

Napple New Member

Go for a tactical force t11(mac11) it's blowback and it's c02. Great for close engagements. It is a great first gas gun. It was my first a few years ago.

5. RHoff304

RHoff304 New Member

I switch back and forth from automatic to semi-automatic depending on the field of play. I do not have a preferred pistols, I just want something that is well worth the money spent. The Mac11 and the Elite Force 1911 seem pretty legit.

6. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    You could get a KJW pistol for around $100. KJW's are great and they won't break the bank.

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

The Elite Force 1911 is supposed to be very good, haven't had any experience with it though. I do have experience with the Tact force Mac11, and it's good just not great.

If you want a nice 1911, I know KJW makes good ones.