Green gas questions

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by redspy209, Sep 23, 2012.

1. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

Im looking into buying my first green gas pistol and I was wondering how efficient green gas is. The pistol I'm looking into buying is the we hi capa 5.1 dragon.

2. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Green gas efficiency? That's not really a thing. What matters is the gun and its gas efficiency. I'm not a big fan of WE, the chance of getting a lemon is relatively high. Get a KJW instead, also based off TM but they're overall better than WE.

3. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

How often do you have to refill the gas on the kjw?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    It should be about every mag and a half to two mags.

5. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

So how long does one of the big cans of green gas last?

6. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Not sure what you mean by big cans, I would go through about a can every week or two with my glock 18, but I shoot a lot so it would probably be different if you don't shoot every day. Most people get ~a month out of them IIRC.

EDIT: I use king arms gas, by the way.

7. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

Thanks, that's kinda what I was asking. Both of my local arenas (Ukau and CQB city) require that you transition to a sidearm when clearing a building. I don't plan in using the pistol a lot so it sounds like a can of green gas would last me a while.

8. Landa

Landa New Member

Miami
    Are you required to use green gas in your field? Just get a propane adapter, recommend airsoft innovation's and add the couple of drops every 5-8 mags you fill... infinitely cheaper, you also get 5% or so FPS more :)

The coleman propane tanks used with propane adapters last around 2k rounds...and they cost around 2$ each... and WE hi capas need to be refilled every 1.5-2 mags, like said earlier.

9. Scarred

Scarred New Member

The green gas cans last about 15 magazine charges.

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I've never had a gas can of any variety empty after just 15 charges. Are you talking about rifle mags? If not, you might need to adjust the way you fill mags.

11. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I usually get closer to 40 Hi Capa mags filled before i start to notice the gas running out.

12. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

40 mags sounds pretty good. Are you talking about a WE hi capa or a TM hi capa?

13. WaikoloaAirsoft808

WaikoloaAirsoft808 New Member

I got 2,000 rounds with a KWA green gas in my kwa m9 ptp

14. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    KJW Hi Capa. Mines short-stroked so the gas efficiency will be a little better compared to one without. And 40 mags is only an estimate. I can count the next time I purchase Green Gas. I usually run propane.

15. Landa

Landa New Member

Miami
    Are you guys still recommending green gas over propane?

16. Knief

Ann Arbor
    No. Propane is cheaper, easier to find, and the exact same thing you get in a bottle of green gas. It's more that we're using the two interchangeably because they are entirely interchangeable from a usage standpoint.

17. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta
    The only problem with propane is that they don't let you fill inside CQB arenas. I always have to go outside.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That will depend on the field. I've never seen a field in Michigan that had a problem with it.

19. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    my field wants you to fill outside just because of the smell. .but it depends on who is administrating.

20. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    My indoor CQB is the opposite, they only let you fill on the field. I think it's because they're super strict apart never allowing a gun to discharge a BB.